Pasadena hotel recommendations

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2004, 09:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I (along with my wife and two kids (7 and 3)am traveling to Pasadena in April for a wedding which will be held at Ritz Carlton -Huntington. Unfortunately, it is sold out and I am looking for alternative hotel options.

While I don't like spending money frivolously, the cost is not a big issue. We want to be close to Ritz Carlton. For now, I made a reservation at the Westin-Pasadena which I understand is near Old Pasadena.

I do travel a lot for work and I prefer boutique hotels over typical business hotel chains. When I travel with my family, I try to stay at suite hotels.

Would anyone be able to recommend a hotel that may work for us and perhaps let us know how Westin-Pasadena is like?

Thanks.
Old Mar 13th, 2004, 11:46 PM

The Westin-Pasadena appears to be a fine alternative choice.

Try tripadvisor.com for reviews on any hotel that you may choose in Pasadena. Not only does it have individual reviews of people who have stayed in a particular hotel but it also carries articles written and other resources on a particular hotel.

The Westin is close to downtown "old" Pasadena, a fun place to be at night. Great restaurants.

In South Pasadena, there are a couple of B&Bs close to the Ritz-Carlton. One is the Artist's Inn and the other is the Bissell House B&B. They are south of the Ritz-Carlton whereas the Westin is north.

Enjoy Pasadena! Great city with lots of history, good museums, and a terrific botanical garden.
Old Mar 14th, 2004, 05:57 AM

The Westin is very nice. It used to be a Doubletree. There is also a multistory Courtyard in the heart of Old Pasadena. I don't know what it's like. But the location is great. The Pasadena Hilton is also central; it's more a business hotel. All of these are in the central district of Pasadena. The Ritz is in a residential area, so all of these other hotels will be about 10 minutes away.

There is a great kids museum in Pasadena called Kidspace. They are re-doing it, but I think it's due to open any day now. If it's open your small children will love it.

Even though the Ritz is lovely, you'll have a lot more fun staying closer to Old Pasadena; it's a great town.
Old Mar 14th, 2004, 09:50 AM

Many of the rooms at the Westin are on the small side.
Old Mar 14th, 2004, 10:06 AM

The Courtyard is very nice, not your typical stand-alone generic Marriott Courtyard. But traffic in the district can be frustrating on Sat evenings.

Arcadia has a SpringHill Suites and an older Residence Inn, less than a 10 minute drive from Pasadena on the weekends.