parking in beverly hills?

Feb 12th, 2002, 11:11 AM
wu

parking in beverly hills?

Hi,
I'm going to be staying at the Beverly Hilton this weekend and have heard that the cost of parking in the garage is around $20. Does anyone know of any cheaper alternatives to this? thanks.

Feb 12th, 2002, 11:29 AM
xxx

I seem to recall that there were some public garages that were free. Good luck.

Feb 12th, 2002, 11:56 AM
Patrick

The only garages I remember that are free are only for the first two hours or something similar. Overnight parking is difficult as I recall and likely to cost that much. You could find a cheaper lot or maybe even park overnight in a mall somewhere further away (if not illegal), but you'll then spend the difference taking a taxi to and from your hotel. I guess the answer is that if the parking charge is a problem you could look at a less expensive hotel or a motel that has free parking. To be honest, I would have guessed that the charge at the Beverly Hilton would have been higher.

Feb 12th, 2002, 02:20 PM
xxx

Parking ticket revenue is big in BH. The meters are on constant patrol and the ticket fines can be pretty hefty so be sure to watch your time and get back to your car in time. Take this from someone who learned the hard way. I was a minute late and they were righting me up and wouldn't listen to any excuses.

Feb 12th, 2002, 02:36 PM
Patty

I can't think of any free or cheap lots near the Beverly Hilton. The shopping centers have free parking but only for a few hours. $20 is not that bad. Try parking at a San Francisco hotel for that price.

Feb 12th, 2002, 02:41 PM
Idon'tgetit

Anybody who can pay to stay at the Beverly Hilton but can't pay $20 to park has a loose screw.

Feb 12th, 2002, 02:42 PM
Ann

No, there is no alternative parking for overnight near Beverly Hilton, don't even try. Pay the $20. It is Beverly Hills afterall, "swimming pools and movie stars".

Feb 12th, 2002, 03:25 PM
tom

be happy they are only charging you $20.

Feb 12th, 2002, 06:20 PM
wu

okay, $20 it is. thanks for all the replies even if it was just to say that i'm crazy for even asking for free parking in beverly hills .

$20 is a quarter of the cost of staying there for a night though, which is why i thought there was a cheaper alternative. hope i didn't come across as TOO pretentious. thanks again everyone.

Feb 12th, 2002, 08:16 PM
xxx

Too pretentious? Are you kidding? Heavens no, you just came off as a cheapskate. You got a rate of $80 at the Beverly Hilton and now you're worried about a $20 parking fee? I hope you are planning to tip more than $20 per day to the staff???

Search this Thread