Park Hotel in Put-In-Bay

Search

Park Hotel in Put-In-Bay

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11th, 2003, 07:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Park Hotel in Put-In-Bay

Does anyone know anything about the Park Hotel in Put-In-Bay? We are travling to Put-In-Bay for the first time and staying for one night. Any help is appreciated! Thanks. Also, is there a car ferry to the island anywhere other than Catawba?
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 10:33 AM

Canto-The Park Hotel is a very old hotel next to the Round House Bar on Put-In-Bay. You have to share a bathroom as there are no in-room bathrooms. If you are looking for a quiet motel, forget it. It is next to one of the busiest bars on the Island. A better choice would be Islander Inn or one of the bed and breakfasts. The only car ferry is the Miller Ferry and it leaves from Catawba. Any other questions feel free to ask. I am a regular up there.
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 11:44 AM

Canto, if you are planning on going there during a weekend, you may want to reconsider taking a car over there. You will spend most of your day waiting in line to get your car on the ferry for the return trip. If it is during the week, you should be fine. If you don't need a car ferry, the Jet Express leaves out of Port Clinton and the Rocket leaves out of Sandusky. I agree about the Park Hotel. Check out the Band B's.
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 02:11 PM

This weekend is New Year's weekend and one of the busiest weekends at Put-In-Bay. Depending on when you leave on Sunday, you will have a long wait. If you are going any other weekend this fall, you should not have any problems getting a car on and off the Island. The boat line will also take your car across for you if you get in line VERY early on Sunday morning. They have ordered a new ferry for next year which is twice the length of the current boats and should help alleviate the wait on Sundays.
Old Jan 2nd, 2004, 06:37 AM

Hi Buckeyemom,

I am planning a bachelor party for July 2004. About 10 guys are heading to Put-In-Bay from Pittsburgh. We've never been. Any suggestions on where to stay? I've only heard of 1 suggestion so far and it was the Commodore??

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 2nd, 2004, 08:46 AM

steelers-I answered your other thread. You want to be in walking distance to the bars as driving and parking is a royal pain, not to mention the cops watch for drunk drivers. You can take a taxi anywhere on the Island for 2 or 3 bucks.