Paradise Inn Key West recent reviews

Mar 9th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Original Poster

Paradise Inn Key West recent reviews

We think the Paradise Inn looks wonderful, and have seen some great reviews elsewhere, but not here. Anyone had any recent experiences there or recommendations for Key West in mid-April for an active couple empty nest stage? It is our first visit to Key West, and we generally prefer inns/b&bs.
Mar 9th, 2007, 05:34 PM

I have no personal experience with the Paradise Inn, though I walk past it regularly and it looks very nice. It doesn't look nearly as spectacular as the website, but that's not suprising for Key West, where lots of nice surprises are hidden behind walls and gates!

Having said that, the Island City House and Ambrosia (and Ambrosia, Too) get fabulous reviews and both are in slightly better locations than the Paradise Inn. Have you considered either of them?

(The only negative I've heard about Paradise Inn is that their walls are paper thin!) Dunno if it's true...
Mar 10th, 2007, 03:31 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. By better locations, do you mean closer to Duval St?
Mar 10th, 2007, 06:26 AM

No, I don't mean closer to Duval, I mean closer to the Gulf side of the island, which is the location of sunset celebrations, and most restaurants and tourist activities. It's also the side of the island with all the boat traffic, sunset cruises coming and going, fabulous yachts from all over the world coming in to dock, and cruise ships.
Mar 10th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Original Poster

That's helpful info, thanks Susan. How about the Marquesa?
Mar 15th, 2007, 02:12 PM

Marquesa is the nicest B&B on the Key. Stayed in Aug for 15th Anniv. Beautiful. Can't say enough about it. Pricey but worrh it. You can spend the day around town and then come back in the afternoon for a refreshing dip in their very nice pool. Restaurants, if you are interested, Seven Fish great seafood, tiny, so making reservations from home is highly suggested. ALso Sarabeth's for breakfast was right across the street and terrific too.
Mar 15th, 2007, 02:26 PM

Marquesa is wonderful! We advised friends to stay there a couple of years ago and they're still talking about it! The Gardens Hotel has been getting fabulous reviews in recent months, too. The locations are basically the same; you won't go wrong with either.