Palm Springs clothing suggestions

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 10:09 AM
joann

Palm Springs clothing suggestions

Hi
Leaving in 10 days for a week in Palm Springs. Is it too late to wear white slacks there?? Coming from the East where you wouldn't dare do that after Labor Day. Any help will be appreciated.
Hoping that restaurants are casual.

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 11:54 AM
f

Why do you have to bring white slacks? Linens are popular in the desert area. Many of the restaurants are casual, but this doesn't mean that a pair of denim cut-off shorts are going to get you in everywhere.

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 12:29 PM
Heidi

It's been a little cooler than usual (say in the mid 70's) don't know what the weather will be next week. I'm not sure i would bring white slacks either...maybe a cream color would be better. Resort wear is "in" all year round here and the restaurants are casual but no cut offs for sure.

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 12:31 PM
xxx

That hideous Lily Pulitzer crap is always in style in Palm Springs.

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 12:33 PM
Loved It!

xxx: Hahahahahahah - you're killing me!

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 12:34 PM
joann

Thank you both for the suggestions. If it's in the 70's I'll bring my standard Khaki & Black combinations and leave the white at home. By casual I meant "Country Club Casual" - should have been more specific. Husband wears a tie every day and tries to do without on vacation. thanks again!

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 02:48 PM
Georgia

Country Club casual is perfect...for sure no tie for hubby necessary! Men wear lots of shorts and golf shirts in the day, docker type slacks at night. It is quite casual. I hope we have nice weather for you! GO ANGELS