Search

Outrigger Wailkoloa

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12th, 2000, 11:52 AM
Ana

Outrigger Wailkoloa

I am considering staying at this resort. Does anyone have any information regarding this property. Is the beach nice? Any recommendations on where to eat on the Big Island. I would love any suggestions.

Old Aug 12th, 2000, 06:46 PM
Joseph

Ana,

Wonderful beach! Postcard perfect! Great resort - all just renovated and refurbished, and it was great even before that. Can't wait to go back. Eat at Roy's Waikoloa, Cafe Pesto, Kilauea Lodge if you're visiting Volcanoes Nat'l Park, just to name a few. And the breakfast buffet at the Outrigger Waikoloa is very, very good!

Aloha, Joe

Old Aug 13th, 2000, 10:58 AM
Ana

Thanks for the information Joe. How far is the Kona airport and the Volcano Park from the hotel? I am staying on the Big Island for 3 days. Do you have any suggestions on other places to visit during my stay?

Old Aug 13th, 2000, 11:22 AM
Kyle

Spent a week last month. Enjoyed it. Everything looks fresh. Recently re-done. Only sand beach for miles. Adjacent to King’s Shops and Restaurants. Roy’s is a must. Airport about 40 minutes away.

Old Aug 14th, 2000, 03:06 PM
Leslie

Just got back from the Outrigger. It was just wonderful. Had an ocean front corner room. Loved it. All just renovated. And A-Bay is beautiful. One of the best beaches on the big island (no waves though). I would not stay elsewhere. The grounds are very nice too. I would highly recommend an ocean front room. Wish I was going back.