Outrigger at Kiahuna Plantation

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are eligible for a military rate at the Kiahuna Plantation which is less than the lowest available rate on their web site. We would want an ocean view or ocean front. Are the Outrigger units well maintained and in a good location as compared with other property managers? Or would we do better with VRBO overall?
Old Aug 14th, 2005, 04:09 PM

We stayed at Kiahuna Plantation (on Kauai, right?) and had a good experience. Yes, it was well maintained and well furnished; however, I believe the units are individually owned, so I cannot comment on the overall furnishings, etc. The staff there was very helpful.

Be aware that this is a rather large complex, and you could get a unit without the ocean view/front unless you specifically request it.

Our unit looked out, from its balcony, across a lawn and beautiful landscaping, to the ocean.

Others were above the view and looked out on narrow gardens in between the units.

Now, that said...I do not know anything about the "Outrigger Units". They all looked the same to me, except for my description above. You might want to get an explanation about the "Outrigger Units".
Old Sep 2nd, 2005, 10:40 AM

I rented a place back in 2002 through a private owner. I don't know what rate you're getting but you might want to contact Lynda at [email protected] Her web site for her condo is: http://www.kiahunakauai.com At the time that I booked, her price was much better than giong through the main agency.

And lastly, this link http://www.luvtotravel.homestead.com/hawaiihotels.html has my comments of her place.

Monica
Old Sep 2nd, 2005, 10:52 AM
ET

Actually, Outrigger and Castle Resorts are just the rental agents for all of the Kiahuna Plantation owners who rent out their condos. In addition to using one of the rental agents, some of the owners also rent out their properties independently to get more rental income and to save on the rental commissions.

All of the properties appear to be very well maintained, however they are individually decorated by the owners so some have newer furniture and furnishings than others.

Generally, you get what you pay for. The ocean front, ocean view and partial ocean view units being the most expensive. We have stayed there several times and loved both the property and its location.
Old Sep 2nd, 2005, 12:37 PM

ttt & good example of a travel thread...