Reload this Page >

Outdoor markets in Chicago?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 06:34 AM
Ruth

We are heading to Chicago and I was wondering if there are any open-air markets in the downtown area? Flea market, farmers market, antiques market - anything. Thanks.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 06:38 AM
Laurie

Ruth,check out this link for dates of the Farmers Market in Chicago: http://www.ci.chi.il.us/ConsumerServ...wnmarkets.html

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 11:41 AM
arjay

In addition to a Farmers Market at the Daley Civic Center plaza...there are neighborhod street events, such as the Old Town Art Fair and the Park West Antiques Fair. Not sure of the dates, however - and the OTAF might have just passed. Check the websites for Chicago Reader and Chicago Magazine, to learn what's going on when you'll be there.

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 01:19 PM
Holly

Arjay -

There are actually 4 (maybe even more) farmers markets in the Loop area alone - not just at the Daley Center. There's one at the Federal Plaza, at Prudential Plaza and another at 311 s. Wacker in the little "park" across from the Sears Tower. There are many, many neighborhood markets as well - especially on the weekends. My guess is that they're listed on Metromix.com - this site tends to be more comprehensive than the Chicago Magazine site.

The Old Town Art Fair was last weekend.

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 04:41 AM
Ruth

Thanks to all for your help! Looking forward to a great time in a great city!

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 11:37 PM
Melissa

I went to the Farmer's Market site and they don't run past the beginning of October....at least, not on the site. Are the Farmer's Markets open in late October?