B&B's - Kauai and Maui

Search

B&B's - Kauai and Maui

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B&B's - Kauai and Maui

DH and I are going to Kauai and Maui in the fall and would welcome B&B recommendations. In Kauai, we'll want to stay in the Kapaa are. In Maui, we'll want to stay around Kihei. We are also going to the BI, circling around the island. If anyone has stayed at any B&B's where they allow one night stays, I would like to hear about them too. Mahalo.
Old Feb 20th, 2006, 03:46 PM

We stayed at the Emerald View Bed and Breakfast in Hilo last January. Very good location and excellent gourmet breakfasts. Price was reasonable too. Only a little over an hour drive to Volcanoes National Park.
Old Feb 25th, 2006, 04:51 AM

My wife and I are in a similar position as we would like to stay in a nice B&B on either Kaui, Maui or the BI. Either of those islands would be fine. Will be interesting to see the responses.
Old Feb 25th, 2006, 09:34 AM

This site provides links to a wide variety of vacation accommodations on all the islands -- from campgrounds to castles:
http://www.alternative-hawaii.com/accomg.htm
Old Feb 25th, 2006, 03:00 PM

I bookmarked this place near Kapaa when we were deciding where to go. We ended up on Oahu though for whole time, but I thought this one looked really interesting. Passing it on to you:
http://www.kauaicountryinn.com/splash.html
Have fun in your choices!
Old Feb 25th, 2006, 06:16 PM

On Kauai, there is a B&B set on a flower farm in the hills above Kappaa. I did not stay at the B&B but stayed at a private cottage on the property. It is a very pretty and quiet place. The hosts were very friendly and nice.

http://www.kuponofarms.com/index.html
Old Feb 27th, 2006, 07:15 PM
RLS

Stayed in two B&Bs in the BI. Both very nice and very different from each other.

Waterfalls Inn Bed & Breakfast in Hilo was a lovely old Victorian mansion with 5 rooms. Custom designed silk bed coverings; nice bath soaps and such. Classy. Inherent with an older home, which gives it personality, were the squeakes and hairline ceiling cracks. The second floor landing overlooks...a waterfall. Varied and plentiful choices for breakfast. It's about an easy 15 minute walk to downtown.

A winding 10 minute drive from Kona took us to the Hale Hualalai Bed and Breakfast(also a small coffee farm). With two fresh new suites, both having private porches overlooking the farm and ocean in the distance, you felt like you were at a beach house. The owner used to be a chef and his breakfasts were scrumptous.

We were very pleased with both choices. RLS
Old Feb 27th, 2006, 08:25 PM
trippinkpj

I haven't stayed here before, but I've heard good things about "What a Wonderful World" B&B in Kihei:
http://www.amauibedandbreakfast.com/
I liked staying at "South Shore Vista" in Kalaheo, Kauai. Although it's more in the Poipu/ Koloa area than Kapaa: http://www.southshorevista.com/

Old Feb 28th, 2006, 08:05 AM

We stayed at a wonderful B&B on Kauai. It is between Kapaa and Princeville. The name of the B&B is Green Acres Cottage; the website is www.greenacrescottages.com.

We stayed at the Nautical Nights Dream Cottage in November 2004 and were extremely pleased. The rate was only $90 a night. The room was quite large and had a queen bed and two twins. The kitchenette had a toaster oven, microwave, small refrigerator, dishes, glasses, and utensils. Breakfast was muffins, juice, and coffee. There are other cottages that are only $75 per night; these have only a queen bed; they also have a kitchenette.

The B&B is set in an orchard and you are encouraged to pick fruit to enjoy. The oranges were amazingly good!

There is a hot tub (shared by the cottages) and a grill.

The hosts were the perfect blend of hospitality and professionalism! Very helpful yet respectful of yout privacy.

On Maui, we stayed at the Garden Gate B&B. It was quite nice but our experience was not quite up to our expectations.
Old Feb 28th, 2006, 11:20 AM

You can try this link for some B&B's in Hawaii. Click on 50 B&B's. There are some for each island.

http://www.budgettravelonline.com/bt...aii/index.html
Old Jul 22nd, 2007, 05:44 PM

bookmark
Old Jul 22nd, 2007, 05:58 PM

My daughter just returned from a stay at the Maui Guest House and she enjoyed it very much.