Orlando Super Quick Trip

Search

Orlando Super Quick Trip

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22nd, 2005, 10:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Orlando Super Quick Trip

Just found out will be taking a quick trip down to Orlando next week and will be staying at the Marriott World Center.

Since I rarely ever get to take business trips I guess I want to make the most of the time. Besides, I haven't been to Orlando in over 20 years.

I will only have the nights free. Is there a park (Universal, MGM, etc.) that is best at night? Do they just offer evening tickets?

Thanks All.
Old Nov 22nd, 2005, 11:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
None of the parks offer just evening tickets.This time of the year they may not be open very late either. There is always Downtown Disney and Pleasure Island over by Disney World and City Walk at Universal. Lots of shops and restaurants and clubs.
Old Nov 22nd, 2005, 12:11 PM

The Magic Kingdom is in Christmas mode already, and they do have a special evening ticket for Mickey's very Special Christmas party. It's a little cheaper than a regular ticket. You can find the info on www.disney.com and navigating to Walt Disney World. All the rides are open.
Personally, though, I like Epcot at night and the fireworks and Illuminations are very beautiful. And, as mentioned, the entertainment areas of Disney and Universal - Downtown Disney and City Walk are fun without an entrance fee. Pleasure Island has a fee.
Old Nov 22nd, 2005, 01:14 PM

I agree with Mickeys Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom. We go every year and it's awesome. It lasts from 6pm - 12am and has the Xmas parade and fireworks. Plus, hot cocoa/cookies and a souvenir photo of your family. Weekends usually sell out, so you need to act quickly. If you can go on a Thursday night...its less crowded. If you purchase tickets before the day of event, it's less expensive. Anyways, go to the Disney website and search for it, and you can get more information. Personally, I like Magic Kingdom the best over the other Disney parks.
Old Nov 24th, 2005, 09:20 AM

I recommend you check out City Walk as well. I much prefer that to Downtown Disney.
Old Nov 25th, 2005, 04:17 AM

Another fun evening area is the Boardwalk. Good restaurants there are Spoodles and Flying Fish (which I believe does have "counter" seating overlooking the kitchen which would be fun for a party of one). That also has easy access to Epcot, which I think is very fun for adults at night. (Of course, Epcot requires a ticket.)

Downtown Disney is attached to Pleasure Island. You do not need a ticket to shop or dine in PI if you go before 6 or 7 PM-ish. DD does not have entertainment or clubs, but you could get a start on holiday shopping, or find a festive place to eat.

Also, a ride on the monorail just to check out the hotel decorations would be good - especially the Grand Floridian and its massive Xmas tree. Have a drink in the lobby and listen to the free entertainment. There is also some upscale shopping within the hotel.

I believe the Marriott World Center is now affiliated with Universal parks. They may be able to get you some sort of "business" or "evening" ticket. There is a concierge desk just for dealing with Universal in the lobby. Wouldn't hurt to ask when you arrive!

Have fun!
Old Nov 28th, 2005, 09:29 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all of you for the advice.

Especially appreciate the tip on locations that have the counter seating for singles.
Old Nov 28th, 2005, 10:50 AM

There are some entertainment options at Downtown Disney: House of Blues, Cirque du Soleil, and Disney Quest are located there.