orlando at easter

Old Mar 30th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
orlando at easter

We are thinking of a quick trip to orlando, 3 days. We have done the disney thing and universal about 6 years ago. Is it worth going back? two kids in their 20's and 2 adults How is island of adventure. I saw 2 tickets for IOA and Universal for 25.oo on website discount tickets. Is that for real? Suggestions on hotel please. Needs to be clean and would like continental breakfast. Doesn't have to be fancy but clean and neat is a must. Any other suggestions for not to miss things would be helpful. Thanks for all your help.
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 02:26 PM
GoTravel

I would not even consider IOA and Universal over Easter unless I was staying on property and had the front of the line pass.

IOA/Universal Hotels: Portofino Bay, Hard Rock, and Royal Pacific.

I'd skip Disney just because of the crowds.

Old Mar 30th, 2006, 03:35 PM

Easter is an extremely busy time in Orlando. There will be crowds galore at the theme parks. Like the above post, I would reconsider and save this trip for a less-crowded time.
Old Mar 31st, 2006, 03:21 AM

I went there once during Easter and will NEVER do it again. The lines for everything were ridiculously long so unless you enjoy waiting in line and massive crowds, I'd skip it. Go later when you can enjoy it!

(Between Christmas & New Year's is another time I won't go.)
Old Mar 31st, 2006, 12:20 PM

If you can book a room at one of Universal's on site hotels you will have automatic express access to all attractions. The parks will be VERY busy.
Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 11:47 AM

Last year we went on Easter and
the week after and I was pleasantly
surprised.
While it was crowded,
it wasn't nearly as bad as we
expected (we've been at Christmas
before - never again!)
We usually go in May but couldn't
last year, which is how we ended
up there at Easter.
Easter Sunday was spent at the
pool but the M - F following
were at the parks.

Do your research, have a plan,
and alternative plan, and yest
another plan after that.

Definitely use FastPass!
It makes *ALL* the difference.

We did that and were very
happy with our visit.

Let us know what you decide,
and have a great time.
Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 04:16 PM

I agree with Wanderluster. We arrived last year the day before Easter and stayed for the week. We normally go in June, so are used to the crowds and prepared. Didn't go to the parks until Monday (the day after Easter) and it wasn't that bad. By Wed. and after, it was pretty good! We did buy the Express Pass at Universal and it was worth it. We stay at the WDW Dolphin at the teacher's rate-love the hotel and the area there. As far as still enjoying it-my daughter has gone almost every year since she was 1! She's going to be 18 this July and still loves going. I thought we would end the Disney thing when she was about 10, but she and my husband decided that it was a family tradition, so here we are-still going to Disney!
Old Apr 12th, 2006, 08:01 AM

If you're into roller coasters then Islands of Adventure can't be passed up. Universal Studios is right next to it (same parking and everything) and is a lot of fun too depending on what you like. It's based of course around movies and has some pretty interesting rides/shows. Also, I'm a huge fan of Sea World (just went yesterday) but I really love animals. And there is only a couple rides so very little waiting in lines. I don't know if water parks are your thing but we have some pretty decent ones. Also, the coast is only about an hour drive. My friend and I (in our 20s) go for the day all the time. And we also have a couple really good malls. Let me know what else you all like to do and I might ba able to help more.