Search

oregon visit

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6th, 2004, 07:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oregon visit

Just returned from a whirlwind overview of Oregon and wanted to thank those who had provided info. Our favorite spot was Bend - loved the many biking, hiking opportunities in such close proximity. Also enjoyed town of Sister and the Mt Bachelor area. Really, really like the Stephanie Inn at Cannon Beach - one of the best inns we've stayed at and worth every penny! Found most of the coast little towns to be non-events, did not like Newport (smelly)but loved Cannon Beach and would have liked more time to wander along the coast at a more leisurely pace. Enjoyed the Columbia River Gorge area, but was very crowded. In six days we saw Portland, Columbia River area, Mt. Hood, Bend, Eugene, Newport, Cannon Beach & Seaside. An interesting state for visitors to enjoy.
Old Aug 6th, 2004, 07:56 AM

Wander1 did you have dinner at the Stephanie Inn? We had reservations our last trip but stayed too long at the spa and had to cancel. Was it really good? Glad you enjoyed Oregon, the northern coast is my favorite part of OR! Come back when you can spend more time on the coast! ***kim***
Old Aug 6th, 2004, 08:18 AM

Glad you got to enjoy all the great things about our state The Bend/Sisters area is by far our favorite area!
Old Aug 6th, 2004, 02:57 PM

Newport smelly? I'm surprised. The next time you are there, check out the historic Nye Beach area and have dinner at April's.

Another favorite place in Oregon is the hard-to-get-to Crater Lake. Stay at the lodge for a memorable experience.
Old Aug 12th, 2004, 05:25 PM

I wouldn't necessarily call Crater Lake hard to get to. The Lodge books months in advance, we couldn't even get in for lunch last visit.

No trip to Southern OR is complete without a visit to this gorgeous lake. ***kim***