Orange County lodging, early March

Oct 31st, 2005, 04:34 PM
jetset1

Orange County lodging, early March

My family had decided on So. Cal. for our spring break, and we'd like a good location between Anaheim and San Diego for our base.
We have several activites planned, the parks of course, and the coastal area. I would like a condo type arrangement for the four of us, maybe along the lines of a Residence Inn.. thanks for any tips or good ideas. J.

Oct 31st, 2005, 05:11 PM

Are you planning on staying in one place and trying to drive to the activities you have planned in San Diego and Anaheim? If that is the case I would suggest splitting your time between the two areas. It would take you quite a bit of time to commute from somewhere between, for instance Oceanside. To go from Oceanside to Anaheim would take at least an hour under the best conditions. Unless you plan on spending a good part of your day driving, I would reconsider your plans.
Oct 31st, 2005, 05:33 PM

I agree with Mary. If you are going to Disneyland and California Adventure, stay in Anaheim for a couple of nights. I would then find a place in San Diego for the rest of your trip. You could stay by the coast in San Diego and you have lots of choices there. There are several Residents Inns in San Diego, one downtown and one in Mission Valley. They have one and two bedroom suites which sounds like it would work for your family. Neither of them are in picturesque locations but would be central to see all the sights.
Oct 31st, 2005, 05:37 PM

Meant to add, not sure about suite type hotels on the coast in San Diego. How many are in your family?
Oct 31st, 2005, 08:58 PM
jetset1

We have four in our family. I prefer to stay around Huntington or Laguna Beach, since we may not go to San Diego except for a day trip to Legoland.
We will consider any suggestions. Thanks again, J.