One Night In Honolulu before 7 Day Cruise

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21st, 2007, 04:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need to stay just one night. I do not want to pay big bucks but want something nice. Maybe a B & B near the water. Any help would be appreciated. There will be 2 of us. This is also my first trip to Hawaii. What do you suggest I do before I leave. We will sail the NCL Pride of America to most of the islands.
Old Mar 21st, 2007, 06:12 PM

OK that's wierd....I clicked on this link and it said you had two posts, but I see nothing here! Anyway, I sent you some coupons........
Old Mar 21st, 2007, 06:25 PM

Most of the B&Bs on Oahu that is near water are too far from Aloha Tower (I'm assuming that's where the ship is) to be practical for only one night. I think a place in Waikiki is fine for 1 night, and is closer to the ship so you won't be rushed. Also, if you don't have a car, staying in Waikiki is the easiest. The closest hotel that I can think of to the Aloha Tower area is Ala Moana. The Hawaii Prince is only a little further away and much nicer.

For MelissaHI - I don't know if the original post was edited, but I noticed that when I do Robespierre's trick to edit, the next time I hit "post," count goes up. Maybe that's what happened here? (and p.s. - thanks for clearing up the Horatio/Kincaids on another post!)
Old Mar 21st, 2007, 09:41 PM

even more weird....I can only reply from my phone! anyway, the Resortquest Executive Center hotel is just a few blocks from the pier. it's not the best, but it's close!

Jolie: see you at the GTG?
Old Mar 22nd, 2007, 07:29 AM

Hawaii Prince has floor-to-ceiling glass windows but NO LANAIS!
Old Mar 22nd, 2007, 07:29 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I would just find a nice hotel in Waikiki for the first night. Have dinner on the beach somewhere. I like The Hawaiiana Hotel or The Breakers both on Beach Walk.

I don't think you will find many B&B's convenient to the airport and getting to your cruise (this is an urban area) unless you go somewhere else on Oahu.
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 04:17 PM

Unless you will have a rental car (in which case you'll be paying $10-$20 per night to park at the hotel), or want to pay cabs to transport you, you'll probably want to stay within walking distance of the ship. Waikiki is a $15-$20 cab ride from the ship area; $30 from the airport (I just paid that, earlier this month).

The aforementioned Executive Centre is within walking distance of the pier and the Aloha Tower Marketplace -- and is an all-suite hotel:
http://www.resortquesthawaii.com/haw...yGroupId=25560

Aloha Tower Marketplace is at the pier and has OODLES of dining options...plus great sunset views.
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 08:14 PM
Original Poster

WOW! This is only my second time to do the post and response thing. I will look into staying close now. Just in the last day or two I have decided to stay 3 or 4 days extra. I have the time and since I have never been to Hawaii I decided why not! So now I can stay somewhere like a B & B from Sat. to Tuesday and just rent a car. Any suggestions? I will be by myself for some rest and relaxation. Looking for some advice on what to do and where to stay.
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 10:19 PM

Lots of Oahu info:

http://fodors.com/forums/threadselec...1&tid=34812564
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 11:56 PM

Lots of budget ideas including some B&Bs

http://www.budgettravelonline.com/bt...aii/index.html

www.visit-oahu.com Free brochure. They have over 400 websites for lodging, restaurants, attractions in the brochure & on the site. Click on : OVB Yellow Pages.