Reload this Page >

One day visit to Statue of Liberty

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11th, 1999, 05:20 PM
Thiele, A.

Total time for visit to Statue of Liberty/nearby area from 9:00AM to 7:00PM (plane departure) using public transportation- bus/subway?

Old Aug 11th, 1999, 06:47 PM
Suzanne

I live in NJ and would be more than happy to help you....just let me know which airport you will be arriving from and which departing to??

You have a nice window to have fun. Just let me know and i'll help you out.

Suzanne

Old Aug 11th, 1999, 08:37 PM
Donna

You can take the subway to Battery Park and catch a ferry to Liberty Island (and Ellis as well if you like). Do a search for the website - everything you need to know for a visit. You may want to consider a Cirle Line (they also have a website) "Lower Manhattan" cruise, though. The commentary is fabulous, you'll get a fabulous overview of Manhattan, it cruises RIGHT by the SOL (so close you can't get it all in the viewer of your camera). Unless you REALLY want to stand next to the SOL and/or climb/ride to the top (in my opinion, cruising by is much better), take the cruise...they depart from the west side or the South Street Seaport area.

Old Aug 11th, 1999, 08:42 PM
Thiele, A.

Thanks, Suzanne,
We will be arriving and departing at LaGuardia Airport tomorrow (Thursday,Aug.12)My husband just wants to be able to see the Statue of Liberty.
Of course, I want to see it all!!! Would
we be able to go to the top of the Empire also after the Statue?

Old Aug 12th, 1999, 03:58 AM
Paul Rabe

I've said it before, I'll say it again -- do NOT waste precious time going to Liberty Island, unless you want to stand an hour in line to get on the boat and then three hours in line to get to the top. Take the Staten Island Ferry (25 cents round trip!!) and go right by Lady Liberty twice in less than an hour. When you return to Battery Park, walk over to the World Trade Towers and view NYC from the tallest buildings there, not the third highest building.