Search

Hawaii-Maui

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5th, 1999, 11:50 AM
Margaret

Hawaii-Maui

Does anyone have any suggestions for a single woman traveling to Maui? Am think of either the Hyatt or the Grand Wailea. Mostly I need to relax and I love the water. Money is not a problem. Thanks
Margaret

Old Aug 5th, 1999, 06:48 PM
Melinda

Grand Wailea is quieter and much nicer. Four Seasons is nice as well. Intercontinental is small but has such a quiet luxury about it. All in the Wailea area. The Grand has the nicest pool area on the island. The shower has a dozen heads with a marble bath and nice spa toiletries.

Old Aug 5th, 1999, 09:30 PM
mike

Agree with the above poster. Also include the Kea Lani Suites in the Wailea lineup! Either of the three will be just fine -- although the Grand Wailea IS the grandest of them all!!

Old Aug 6th, 1999, 11:40 AM
Jen

My husband and I recently returned from Maui. We stayed at the Four Seasons and loved it. We found the Grand Wailea too big for our liking, but know many people who prefer it.

Between the Hyatt and the Grand Wailea I would suggest the Grand Wailea. Both properties were filled with children. We went in the beginning of the summer so it wasn't a surprise. Also, the Hyatt and the Grand Wailea have the best pools, so it is great for families.

What we liked better about the GW was that it was more spread out and luxurious. The Hyatt is beautiful and large, but a bit too crowded for us. The GW is amazing and there are a ton of things to do in the resort itself. It will truly amaze you!

Good luck and enjoy!

Old Aug 11th, 1999, 06:54 PM
Margaret

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I leave next week and will be staying at the Grand Wailea. Margaret

Old Aug 12th, 1999, 04:34 AM
shiloh

we were in Maui this past June and stayed at a great B&B- the Platation Inn- we found it online too w/ pictures & all. It was great there was an excellent french restaurant downstairs that gave off a wonderful aroma all day and eating there as a hotel guest you get 50% off, however you have to order 3 courses. Also the pool was wonderful and every morning you would be served breakfast outside/poolside- it was great and only a block from the ocean. I reccommend Longhi's on the ocean front street fro dinner. Enjoy!