Search

One Day in Chicago

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4th, 2001, 07:22 AM
Ken

One Day in Chicago

In Early Sept my wife and I will have one day, Sunday, to sight see. can you suggest some high lights including dinner? We will drive into town so we need a central point to park our car.

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 05:40 AM
Chicago

To top

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 08:20 AM
Dan

I would base myself around Water Tower Place. Great shopping and rstaurants. Instead of going to the top of the Sears Tower, I'd go to the obervatory at the Hancock building. It's near Water Tower. Sears is in the financial district. Hancock building has a retaurant on 95th floor. Expensive, but nice. If you don't want to spend the $$$
maybe get drinks, brunch, or appetizer if possible. Then I'd take a taxi to Navy Pier and take a boat ride where you'll see the great Chicago skyline from Lake Michigan. Wendella tours offers boat rides too, but I think they may go through the city more, rather than spending as much time as Lake Michigan. Wendella can be found at 400 N. Michigan. If you're interested in museums, they are further south on Michigan Ave. You can take a taxi.

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 09:49 AM
thereuare

The restaurant at the John Hancock Building is called the Signature Room (i was just there in May). If you want the view but not the price tag, go there for LUNCH. They have sandwiched for $8-$10 and a lunch buffet for ~$13. Two of us had lunch for $30 including tip, and it was GREAT. Nice room but VERY UNpretencious for lunch. I wore jeans and a colored T-shirt and she wore shorts, so you don't need to get all dressed up either.

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 08:25 PM
trish

If you are here during labor day you have to catch some of the airshow. It is right on the lake and jets are flying through the skyscrapers. If you are in for a museum. The Chicago Art Institute is a must. It houses American Gothic and an incredible collection. One of my favorite art museum. If you like fondue and romance Geja's on Armitage is great. Of course you can't go wrong