one and for all, Sedona vs Tucson

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 11:11 AM
ilana

one and for all, Sedona vs Tucson

Please help. I am going for my first trip out to Ariz (unfortunately, only 3 days) and staying in Scottsdale. Is it crazy to try to squeeze in all 3 towns (Scottsdale, Sedona, Tucson)? I am usually a very efficient traveler. If it is, what is the final concensus - should I go north or south? Thanks, everyone

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Lenore

Do NOT try to do all 3 towns in one trip! Sedona is about 2 to 2-1/2 hours North of Scottsdale. I've beeen there 3 times and would rate it as one of my very favorite places of all time. I have never been to Tucson, but know that it doesn't have the same reputation as Sedona. Enjoy!

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Dianne

A few years ago, I was only there for a weekend. I stayed in Mesa, and went to Sedona, Flagstaff & Tucson. It's doable depending on how much time you want to spend in any one area.

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 11:50 AM
laura

Tucson is not worth the trip unless your looking for things to fill up time. Enjoy Scottsdale & take a day trip to Sedona - it's beautiful.

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 11:58 AM
E.

I respectfully disagree with Laura...I found Scottsdale dull dull dull, with the exception of Taliesin West. Tucson, on the other hand, has the AZ-Sonora Desert Museum and Saguaro National Park in its favor. In any case, I agree that all three towns is too much for one short trip.

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 02:53 PM
Steve

If you have money and like golf, resorts, spas, or shopping you'll love Scottsdale. Other than that, there's no reason to go there.

As for plugging Tucson, Tucson also has Sabino canyon and the San Xavier Mission.