Reload this Page >

On the road with Brrrruce........

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 11:57 AM
brucegirl

May be traveling from NJ to TX to catch a couple of concerts by the Boss.

Have opportunity to get tix for all 3 TX cities since we could not get them for NJ or NY and have airline vouchers that can get us to TX for very little $$.

Question- Bruce is 11/3 in Dallas, 11/4 in Houston and 11/6 in Austin. How feasible is it to fly into Dallas and then rent car to drive to Houston then to Austin? We would have to then return to Dallas to drop off car & get flights back to NJ.

I know some people will think we are out of our minds for just doing this but we have the time, the tix and the vouchers. What we don't know real well is TX, the driving, accomodations etc.

Advice/Suggestions?????

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 12:16 PM
Jenna

Come on Texas residents, can you help her out?

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 12:22 PM
travellyn

It would be easy. No trip would be longer than about 5 hours, if that.

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 02:43 PM
canicome

completely doable. houston to austin is 3-4 hours. really highway driving, not like the northeast. dallas to houston may be a bit longer but i agree that it shouldnt be more than 5 hours. look into continental express flights as well. if you have an extra ticket, ill help you drive!

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 02:55 PM
kkj

Good for you. How fun. What a hoot to just go for Bruce. I've flown to San Antonio from Chicago for a basketball game, Chicago to San Francisco for a volleyball game and took one trip to see four shows in two days by the same singer. Last month I went to San Diego for one concert and came right back.

You only go around once. And with vouchers it's a great way to go around.

Have the best time.

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 11:47 PM
Ron

Why would you waste your time and money even watching a no-talent, screaming piece of trash like that anyway?!?

Old Aug 10th, 2002, 05:59 AM
GAIL

Bruce, I don't think your crazy, it sound's like a blast. We went to the show in Houston on the last tour and plan on going again this time. In answer to you question Dallas is approximately a 4 1/2 hour drive from Houston, straight shot on Interstate-45. Austin is approximately A 3 hour drive from Houston from either Highway 290 or Interstate-10 to Highway 71 straight into Austin. If you rent from one of the larger car companies, you can usually drop it off in another city, for an extra fee.

Old Aug 10th, 2002, 06:08 AM
Cheryl

brucegirl, how did you snag tickets for 3 concerts? I just tried calling for tickets to the Buffalo concert (they just went on sale an hour ago) and all they had available were seats in the nosebleed section a mile from the stage. Have fun. I guess I'll get his new CD instead.

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 04:22 AM
brucegirl

Thanks for all the advice- seems likr driving will be completely do-able.

We will not have lots of time between cities but will have some down-time. Any suggestions for quick things to do/see/eat between Dalls-Houston, Houston-Austin, Austin-Dallas??

Cheryl- I can relate to tix dilemma, we could not get them for NJ or NY. Lucky enough to have a friend living in TX who works at a ticket agency-