Old Lahaina morning show

Search

Old Lahaina morning show

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10th, 2007, 06:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old Lahaina morning show

Has anyone seen the Old Lahaina morning show? The old lahaina luau is sold out for the evenings we will be there ( my husband and our 2 children 16 &19). They do have the morning show available.
Old Nov 30th, 2007, 11:22 AM

topping. we are interested in this as well. thanks.
Old Nov 30th, 2007, 12:07 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
If it is all the same company and location I can't imagine it would be less than terrific, same as the evening show... just guessing.
Old Dec 1st, 2007, 11:39 AM

If you are expecting a show, then this is not really for you. Ho'omana'o is much more hands-on, and you will all come away actually having learned s few things! There are three cultural experience stations: hula, warfare, and ahupua'a, which is the Hawaiian land division, the way islands were divided into wedges to allow each district to be self-sustaining with fresh water, farmlands, and fishing. You move between stations as a group, and at each station you will get to actually try some of the things they demonstrate.

The breakfast is really good and if your kids don't mind learning something on vacation they might enjoy it. But if you are looking for a show and bottomless cocktails, I'd look elsewhere. The Feast at Lele is a polynesian show produced by Old Lahaina Lu'au and the food is by Chef James MacDonald of I'o and Pacific'o fame. Have you tried them to see if they are sold out as well?
Old Dec 2nd, 2007, 09:19 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
thanks for the post, sounds interesting as well as the evening performance, but much different than i would have thought. mahalo!
Old Dec 2nd, 2007, 07:57 PM

You will enjoy any lu'au that you go to. Except for the Feast at Lele(table service with wines paired for each dish) they are pretty much the same, buffet and all you can drink.
The Samoan fire knife dancers are the most exciting part of the show, both the Westin and Hyatt have multiple fire knife dancers.

All the shows are good. Have fun!

Aloha