Reload this Page >

Odd Calling Card Experience?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 12:46 PM
bonniebroad

Have any of you experienced anything of this nature with your MCI (or other) Calling Card.......... I was having problems reaching a certain number last year, using my card. So I called the Customer Service number on my card, and they checked out this problem while I was on the phone with them and said it was fine - that the number was ringing through. So I hang up from the CSR, and when I try to dial another number, I get the "your card is already in service" message. So I call CSR back to say no one else should be using my card.... She says that when I called CS before, I wasn't properly disconnected by the CSR (she should have told me to hit # twice, or something to that effect), and because of that, my card had gone "back into the system" and would not be available for half an hour. Sure enough, when I tried in 30 minutes, I could use it again.

But when I thought about having had to call previously with a similar complaint, I remembered they'd told me to hit something, like the # key twice, and immediately I had my card back, no waiting for half an hour. Has anyone else had something like this happen, their card being pulled for a short time?? I just thought it was a bit odd, with today's technology........

Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The same thing happened to me. I was told to wait a half hour and then it worked. So obviously, it's a common occurrence.
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my guess is (and this would be thanks to the technology) is that it's actually a security device, allowing only one user of the card at a time within a 30 minute period. back in the day, there were some evil things going on that this could have prevented. grand central used to be crawling with people with binoculars who would watch people enter in their phone card numbers and immediately disperse the information to a network of people. my father once had this done to him and within 10 mins, there were dozens of calls outside the country.

an inconvenience in this case, but the ## option (which should be on the card and it's a shame if it's not) helps you deal with it more.
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 10:10 PM
bonniebroad

ttt

Old Jun 8th, 2004, 07:13 AM
bonniebroad

One more try...... anyone else?