Ocean front Maui Condo

Search

Ocean front Maui Condo

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31st, 2009, 07:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ocean front Maui Condo

Can anyone recommend a condo on Maui that provides oceanfront lanai with a pool large enough to do a lap in, good walking beach/snorkeling? We are two adults who want a romantic experience mostly walking the beach, snorkeling and sipping wine on our Lanai overlooking the water the first week of March? We don't want to pay more than $350 a night. (I have stayed at Sugar beach and want something nicer but view, beach and pool are more important than "luxury".)
Thanks!
Old Feb 11th, 2009, 11:47 AM

I don't think you've received an answer so far, because I think your price scale is too low for what you want.

Rex
Old Feb 11th, 2009, 12:00 PM

I think it't the lap pool part that is difficult, too. Most oceanfront/beachfront places have smaller decorative pools, not Olympic-type pools.
Old Feb 11th, 2009, 12:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hale Pau Hana has the lanai overlooking the beach, the walking and very good snorkeling but the pool is not that big.
We have often seen swimmers using the ocean for their pool. The snorkeling at the points between the beaches is extensive and we always see turtles.The beach front trail is complete and we often walk as far as Wailea.
Much better beach than Sugar Beach.
Old Feb 11th, 2009, 12:55 PM

Sands of Kahana has a pool that you will be alone much of the day for lapps. Its not an Olympic size pool, but you wont have to dodge kids. Its an underrated property too, it should only set you back 200/nt or so.

http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals...st-maui/kahana
Old Feb 11th, 2009, 12:58 PM

I don't really have a recommendation for what you're asking, but I wouldn't think your problem is that your price is too low. It's more than triple what I'm paying for a one bedroom with lanai right on the ocean. Not real fancy and not a huge pool (Hale Kai O'Kihei). The real issue in that area is that there are very few condos right on the beach, most seem to be across a road from the ocean. But being right on the water is why I chose the one I did.
Old Feb 11th, 2009, 01:48 PM

Kihei Surfside has a decent sized pool and comfortable, though not luxurious units. It's oceanfront, though not beachfront. Keawakapu, the first in a string of crescent shaped beaches in Wailea, is next door. Keawakapu and other Wailea beaches/waters are great for strolling, swimming and snorkeling.

You might check out the condos you are considering at wizardpub.com--> Maui Revealed. Good reviews and aeriel views.
Old Feb 12th, 2009, 08:01 AM

You can get a studio condo at The Maui Kai smack on north Kaanapali Beach for something like US$145 a night.

The pool is in back of the building (ie. not on the beach front side) and it is not huge ... I suppose you could flap around in it though and get some exercise ... or for that matter as you'll be ON the beach you could swim in the ocean.

The Maui Kai is NOT a luxury, many amenities type of place ... the units are all individually owned and therefore vary greatly in style and amenities.

We enjoyed our stay very much and had lots of lanai time with drinks and sunsets ... being on the tenth floor our view was ocean, ocean and more ocean ... with whales spouting in the distance.

Check out VRBO - Maui - Maui Kai - you will see many units available ...