Reload this Page >

Ocean City dining ??

Search

Ocean City dining ??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29th, 2000, 04:28 AM
M.M.

Ocean City dining ??

Headed to Ocean City Maryland next week on a golf package,anyone know of some good dining spots in this small town ?

Old Apr 30th, 2000, 05:32 AM
Holly

Harpoon Hannahs (located in Fenwick-just outside of Ocean City) offers a large variety of seafood. As you wait for you food, a bread server offers fresh bread and rolls. It's located on the water, so you can watch the boats. I would highly recommend this restarurant. If you're looking for a sandwich, Bull on the Beach (several locations in OC) offers delicious ham and pit beef sandwiches. I'm sure other sandwiches are on their menu, but I've never ordered anything but the pit ham sandwiches. Rather inexpensive, but very good.

Old May 3rd, 2000, 09:25 AM
tee3

Harrison's Harbor Watch at the very south end of the boardwalk. Great food and a spectacular view. Have fun!

Old May 3rd, 2000, 05:21 PM
Lily

Ocean City ....I am truly jealous!!!
If you are looking for somethingg native, go out towards Assateague Island and before you get to the Y in the road there is a little "Crab Shanty" with a screened in porch. I don't really know if it has a name but what a way to enjoy the beach experience! When I was a kid this road was full of shantys, farm stands, and chicken bbq stands. Only a few are left now and it makes me sad. Have a great time!!!

Old May 4th, 2000, 03:15 AM
Derek

Harpoon Hannah's is one of my parents' favorite places to dine. It is very near the Delaware/Maryland border. Nantucket is also a favorite and nearby. You also might want to venture up to Rehoboth and eat pizza at Grotto's or Nicolo's.

Old May 4th, 2000, 04:45 AM
Judy

I can also recommend Harpoon Hanna's -- go early for lunch or dinner and sit outside. For a Caribbean feel, try Seacrets -- a fun place for outdoor dining on a nice day. Also, there is now a Grotto's Pizza in Fenwick (North Fenwick, I believe). (Now if they'd only open one in Pittsburgh!) For casual dining (and drinking) try the Cottage Cafe. And be sure to buy some Fisher's caramel popcorn.

Old May 4th, 2000, 05:05 AM
M.M.

Thanks to all for the great tips !! I may have to forego the golf to check all these great spots,thanks again.

Old May 4th, 2000, 09:21 AM
Bill Irving

I am sure some people would disagree, but 1 of my favorite places is Higgins for Crabs. You can get all you can eat crabs(as you can at a number of places) & chicken. My 12 yr old son & his friend, both whom have never had Maryland blue crab before, had their first taste of it there & really liked it.(Higgins also has some good T-shirts which we purchased & wear quite abit in the Chicago area.) Of course there is the old standby of Phillips, but you may pay alittle bit more there, but the food is good. & this time of year, the lines will not be as long, to get in. The Phillips in Fenwick may be alittle bit better.