Oakland A's Playoff Ticket Availability ???

Oct 2nd, 2000, 08:48 AM
Jeanette

Oakland A's Playoff Ticket Availability ???

One of those marvelous quirks of fate might place me (a life-long White Sox fan) in SF area during the week when the American League Playoffs are held. I have given up getting into Pac-Bell (as much as I would LOVE to be there- I know that Giant's fans are the more deserving of these tickets) but will try for A's tickets if it at all possible. Oct.14-21 - any date. If my White Sox are the opponents then I will probably go out there and beg from scalpers. Does anyone know what my chances are to get a couple of these tickets? All in Chicago were gone in 40 minutes- so I suspect it may be the same for Oakland.

Oct 2nd, 2000, 09:41 AM
John

Jeanette, speaking on behalf of all of greater Seattle, don't hold your breath. ;-)

I'd presume by now that only scalpers and/or e-bay could be a source. Maybe the Oakland fans will actually come out to the games now. How can such a good team draw so few attendees?

Oct 2nd, 2000, 10:26 AM
Jeanette

John, I should see your team play this Wednesday. I would try holding my breath, if it would help! Last time we choked in three games and then waited years more to win so that they could go on strike.Are Mariners' tickets hard to come by during the regular season (like Cleveland, for example)? Can you get tickets in "walk-up" fashion or will I have to buy ahead of time on the web? Oakland is probably not a baseball town.
Some are and some aren't. Lots think baseball too slow now, but we love it.

Oct 2nd, 2000, 10:45 AM
John

Jeanette, the Mariners succumbed to new stadium mania a couple of years ago, just like the CWS some years back. Attendence is way up, but tickets are usually available for games provided you don't suffer from nosebleeds. Playoffs are an exception, of course.

I just checked "oakland tickets" on e-bay and there are a bunch for the A's.

Oct 3rd, 2000, 06:14 AM
BBFan

I would expect there to be a better chance of getting A's tickets in Oakland than any of the others. The A's have very few season ticket holders which means more playoff tickets available to the general public.

I just checked and there are tickets available right now for the playoff games against the Yankees. You can purchase them on-line if you wish. The Oakland A's official web site for ticket availaability is:

http://www.oaklandathletics.com/index2.html

Oct 3rd, 2000, 07:10 AM
Jeanette

Thanks BBFan, I will be there the week after the Yankee series, so if Oakland wins against Yanks then I do have a good chance of getting the American League final play off tickets on their web site when they come available. I will keep trying- thanks for url. Our Sox tickets for both series went in about 40 minutes total- and our fan base is only about 8000 season ticket holders a year. I was surprised. Two of my sons got tickets for three different games by cable internet connection, while another waited in line at Comiskey. No one I know on regular phone modem internet got in on time.

Oct 4th, 2000, 08:40 AM
Tom

Jeanette:

There's an article today (10/4) on ESPN's web site about playoff-ticket scalping:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2000/...03/798595.html

Oakland and the Giants are both mentioned. Summary: looks good for A's tickets, expensive-but-possible for Giants. The broker mentioned, Murray's Tickets, is a big sports-ticket outfit in both NoCal and L.A. I've found them reliable over the years.

Oct 4th, 2000, 01:40 PM
Jeanette

THANKS TOM- It looks like that is the only play off games that I am going to see after today. My SOX are choking again. I think most Chicagoans like to suffer, why else are we so loyal! Really appreciate your find and hope to get one or the other. WE THANK YOU.