Search

Oahu in a day?

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2001, 07:16 AM
Tracey

Oahu in a day?

Is it possible to see the major sites including Pearle Harbor in a day trip? I am planning my honeymoon and wanted to include Oahu for my fiance who has never been to Hawaii, and is a big history fan. We are flying in and out of Honolulu, and figured we can look around for the day before our 5pm flight out. I was there last in 89 and vowed never to stay there after seeing Kauai and Maui, and didn't want to cut any other time from the other islands we have planned so far. I have 3nts at the Hyatt in Kauai, than 3 nts at Kilauea Lodge on the BI, than 6nts at the Royal Lahina on Maui, with stop in Honolulu before heading home. Am I being to ambitious? I just don't know when I'll be able to return. Thanks

Old May 10th, 2001, 09:49 AM
og719

Depending on what time you arrive, there is plenty to see before 5 pm. Best to stay on the leeward side of the island. Pearl Harbor, Diamond Head, Punchbowl, the Pali, Bishop Museum are all easy to get to from the airport.

Old May 14th, 2001, 05:16 AM
Olicia

You can definately see all you need to see in Honolulu in one day,unless you want to drive up the coast. I agree with you, I wouldn't want to waste my precious beach time there, when the other islands are so pretty. Pearl Harbor takes about 2 hours, then you have plenty of time to do other things in the area, or shop.

Old May 14th, 2001, 02:11 PM
N.R.

You can't really do justice to Oahu in a day.

The following is only a partial list of top attractions and even just these can't all be fit into a day:

- Hiking Diamond Head
- Pali Lookout
- Pineapple fields
- Bishop Muesuem
- Iolani Palace
- Hanauma Bay
- Lanikai and Kailua Beach
- Waikiki beach
- sunset at Hanohono room at Sheraton Waikiki
- Denny's Waikiki for spectacular view

-Punchbowl Nat'l. Cemetary
- Pearl Harbor

Old May 14th, 2001, 11:23 PM
lucy

add to things to do on Oahu:
-the dole plantation maze in Wahiawa
-the byodo-in temple North of kaneohe
-picnic lunch at Waimea bay
-polynesian Cultural center
-willows restaraunt for sunday buffet or any meal. Feels like "old Hawaii"
-hike up to the falls in manoa Valley
(take mosquito spray, and be careful if its muddy)
-paradise cove luau.
-bishop museum
-visit the aquarium, then have picnic supper on the beach next to it. Wave at people on dinner cruises. Watch for the green flash