Search

Oahu B and B's

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 03:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oahu B and B's

OK, got some very good information on hotels and resorts but someone mentioned we should look into B and B's.
This is our very first trip to Hawaii. Family of 3. (third is 15 year old daughter)

Should we look into B and B's? If so, anyone got suggestions on good one's? We'd like a nice, clean (who doesn't) place, perhaps a great beach (or very nearby) where we could experience snorkling for the first time. We still plan on hitting the sites in town but we're going for 12 days so we'll have some relaxing days also. Thank you in advance
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 03:57 PM
Original Poster

Also, pro's and cons between staying at the hotels and resorts and B and B's
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 12:03 PM

I stayed in october at the Santa's bed and breakfast on the north shore. right on the Banzai pipeline with the beach in your backyard. Very clean and the owners were great. Very quiet at night on the north shore which was fabulous.

Pro of the B&B is that I was able to experience what living on the island is like. Also peace and quiet with no one else to contend with. Cons is no one at your service for a cold drink, an extra pillow and room service.

Very different experience. I view a B&B is like staying over your favorite aunt's house. Can't get the experience in a hotel
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 12:24 PM
cd

I'm just betting your 15yr old would have more fun at a hotel. They usually offer more activity and other kids her age.
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 02:17 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
To me, both now and when I was a kid, the big *pro* of a hotel is having a POOL!

Don't get me wrong, I love the beach but a pool on vacation (to Hawaii, Mexico, etc.) is a must.