Reload this Page >

Oahu & Maui for First Timer?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 05:48 AM
TONY

Planning trip in Feb 02 12 days 6 days each Island. Married Couple mid 30's two kids 5 & 10, like to go dancing and sightsee.
Oahu - good nightlife?
Maui - relaxtion sightseeing?

Are these good choices?

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 01:40 PM
Celeste

Chances are the humpback whales will still be off Maui so be sure to go on a whale watching cruise. There's plenty to see as you drive around Maui and Oahu both. Do you know where you're staying?

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 03:51 PM
Laurie

Tony,
Your choice of island is fine but I don't think I'd split it 6/6. I think I'd split it 10 days in Maui and 4 (max) in Oahu. Another alternative would be to spend Oahu 4 days on The Big Island.
Laurie

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 03:47 PM
Barb Kennedy

We had an awesome time going on a snorkel trip with the Pacific Whale foundation. Even if you can't swim they give you floatation noodles. They go to Turtle Town where you see the sea turtles and Molokini where there are the most beautiful fish imaginable. A highlight and we saw many whales on this trip besides. One was right next to the boat! These are good people and give you a good trip with lunch and optional snuba. You can find them discounted at maui.org or tombarefoot.com Aloha

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 09:19 PM
Michelle

If you're going to be in Oahu please at least go to Alan Wong's for dinner or the Pineapple Room for lunch. It's the only reason I would even go back to Oahu.. that and Eggs N' Things macadamia nut pancakes w/coconut syrup!

Old Aug 12th, 2001, 06:50 AM
tina

Just came back with my kids ages 9 and 12. Oahu was good oly to see Pearl Harbor and we climbed Diamond Head. The boys didn't like the island it self because it was too crowded, Then we went to Maui for a week We all loved it and then to The Big Island for 4 night. Also great. But I wouldn't spend 6 day if Oahu. Spend it were everybody can relax and have fun.

Old Aug 12th, 2001, 08:47 PM
Lisa

I have been to Hawaii many times, but it has been years. I would not spend so many days in Oahu. I did not like Wakiki, too crowded. We moved over to Honalulu, to the Kahala Hilton. Very private, room over looking the dolphin lagoon. We were told famous people stayed there, and indeed there were several world leaders there at the time. Quiet and food was great. Maui is relaxing, you must drive to the road to Hana and see the seven pools. I would break my trip into 4 islands, kaui is my favorite. I stayed on the big Island at the Ritz, it is one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever stayed at, food bad at the time. kaui is lush, not too touristy, and beautiful. Have fun!!

Old Aug 12th, 2001, 08:49 PM
Lisa

I meant to say I would break the trip into 3 islands, not four.