Reload this Page >

Oahu air & hotel or just air?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 02:59 PM
bernie

I'm deciding whether to book air & hotel or just air and do the hotel later. Usually it is tough to beat an air & hotel package.

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 05:27 PM
gail

We spent hours trying to get a good price on them separately (We had a few days comp at a hotel). It is definitely cheaper to do the package. Ultimately CSAA had the best package that included a car.

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 05:57 PM
TravelGal

I agree that packages are the way to go.
Don't sweat the car... they are not too expensive and you may not need one the entire time.
So many of the package hotels are "funky". Select carefully and have fun.

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 01:43 PM
Patty

When pricing packages, be sure to have them remove any component that you do not want or need like transfers or insurance. Sometimes it can make a big difference. I just purchased an air/hotel package (price was cheaper than air alone) to Oahu. I asked the reservation agent to remove the included transfers because I was planning to rent a car anyway. He tried to talk me out of it by saying it would only make a difference of a few dollars. I insisted and it turns out our package for four passengers was $98.00 less without the bus transfers. It's not always the case but it doesn't hurt to check. I do agree that it's hard to do better than some of the package prices being offered lately.

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 02:42 PM
jacque

What is CSAA? Thanks!

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 10:27 PM
JOYCE

WHAT IS CSAA IWOULD LIKE TO GO FROM PENSACOLA, FL TO OAHU IN JUNE ON 19 TO THE 26. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME FIND A GOOD DEAL.NEED AIR AND HOTEL I AM GETTING NO WHERE FAST. DELTA TELLS ME I HAVE ENOUGH SKYMILES TO FLY THERE BUT NOTHING IS OPEN

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 04:51 PM
gail

California State Auto Association. Try www.aaa.com for the one closest to you.