Search

Oahu accomodations

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 04:30 AM
jocelyn

Oahu accomodations

Hi! I would recs for staying 6 nights on Waikiki beach in June. Somewhere accessible to public transport so I can take the bus to the Hilton Hawaiian Village to attend a conference. My budget is about US$50-70 per couple. I'm going with my partner.

Anyone got comments for the Waikiki Sands Villa? It's about US$60 per night right?

Thanks!

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 05:14 AM
Sarah

call the condo office at Ilikai next door to Hilton Hawaiian village a city view room may even be cheaper than you budget states, 4 star hotel. You can get the condo desk by calling Ilikai front desk and asking for number. All rooms have lanai, kitchen. Request condo in the main building not annex.

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 05:17 AM
Sarah

If I am wrong about how affordable ilikai is and going over numbers it might be a bit higer then I would call a Hawaii based travel agent and ask for reccomendations. Annex might work for you also with these budget retrictions. Just want to be careful about a place that is so inexpensive in Waikiki can attract on the edge type patrons.

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 08:09 AM
Anna

I would recommend bidding on priceline. Two years ago I got the Sheraton Princess Kiaulani for $50 per night. People are still getting it for this - look at this bulletin board for help in bidding:
http://www.biddingfortravel.com/

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 04:16 PM
Dianne

I checked out the Sand Villa last January when I was in Waikiki. I looked at a standard room and it was clean and not shabby. The staff were friendly and happy to show me around. There's a grocery store and bus stop on Kuhio just a short block up from the hotel. The hotel is on the canal which is nice - you can't see the ocean, but the mountains are beautiful.