Search

Oahu

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 2000, 05:46 PM
Pam

Oahu

We are going to Hawaii for the first time. We are staying beachfront on Waikiki. Although this is to be a relaxing trip we are going for 10 nights and want your suggestion's on best thing's to see in and around Oahu. We have alot picked out but want to see what other's enjoyed the most. Thank's for any help you have for us.

Old May 20th, 2000, 05:49 PM
David

I'm sure you have Pearl Harbor but be sure not to miss snorkeling or just swimming at Hanauma Bay. Best advice would be to spend 5 nights on one of the other islands

Old May 21st, 2000, 03:45 AM
Mel

Pam, If you have 10 nights, go to another island!!! If you're not going to another island, definately make it to the north shore of Oahu. Waikiki can be a little overrated. Although there is a lot there, it may not be as "relaxing" as you want. Rent a car and go to the north shore. Have fun!

Old May 21st, 2000, 04:02 AM
Kay

Pam, we really enjoyed the walk up Diamond Head, with 360 degree views of Oahu at the top. Cocktails and dinner overlooking Waikiki beach was lovely. Also thought shopping was good at Ala Moana shopping centre but that would depend on where you're from (I'm Australian and think the shopping in the USA is terrific.)
Kay

Old May 21st, 2000, 08:09 AM
Anna

We spent 2 nights in Waikiki in April. The highlights of stay on Oahu were snorkeling at Hanauma Bay, climbing up to Diamond Head just after sunrise, driving to the North Shore (stop at Giovanni's for a plate lunch in Kahuku), and the Arizona Memorial.