Search

ny's new wtc

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2003, 12:05 PM
gadg0

ny's new wtc

whats your opinion about the libeskind's project for the new wtc?in my personal opinion, the norman foster's one was really great for a cuty with such an architectural heritage.

Old May 18th, 2003, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personally I would have preferred that they rebuild the World Trade Center according to the original blueprints for the buildings that were destroyed. Of course I do agree with leaving the footprints of the WYC towers for a memorial.
Old May 19th, 2003, 05:20 AM

Marny, were YOU planning to work there if they rebuilt it??? I worked at WTC on 9/11 and no one in my office would ever go back. When we were finally able to terminate our lease with Silverstein (don't ask), a cheer erupted from my co-workers.
Old May 19th, 2003, 09:22 AM

lisettemac,
I realize that some people would not like to work in the new WTC. Whenever I go into the City, it just does not seem right without the twin towers. They seem to me to be as much a fabric of the City as the Brooklyn Bridge or the Empire State Building. I think that by rebuilding the towers it will say to the terrorists that they have not won.
Old May 19th, 2003, 09:37 AM

I love Liebeskind's plans (though some of it is structurally impossible, but that's another story). The one spire-like building would be the tallest in the world, and would restore our downtown skyline which is pretty damn bland right now. I don't believe there are offices in the spire, at least not the high floors. Something new, bold, and modern is much needed in our badly scarred city!!
Old May 19th, 2003, 09:57 AM

I definitely miss seeing those buildings in a way I don't completely understand. I would like to see something similar to them, but I wouldn't work on the higher floors either. The idea of an atrium at the top of the building is a good one.

I also think more should be done to remember those who died there. This site is for those who believe the remains of those who died should be brought back to the WTC site.
http://www.petitiononline.com/WTCASHES/petition.html