Reload this Page >

NYC - World Yacht Dinner Cruise Tips

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 06:53 AM
klam

Has anyone been on the World Yacht Dinner Cruise recently? Do you have any tips on getting there and back (we're staying at Times Square); or any other tips for this (how to get a good table, etc.) Thanx a mint in advance for any suggestions; we've booked for Feb. and my search for it on this site didn't turn up much.

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 07:07 AM
rqf

There are two that I know of
World Yacht - www.worldyacht.com. Pier 81 at W. 41 on the river. You can walk from Times Square, take a crosstown bus on W. 42nd or a bus on W. 49th (M50) or a taxi.
Spirit Cruises - Pier 62, W. 23rd St.
www.spiritcruises.com. TAxi or bus southbound (M10) to 23rd St. and then M23 to the Hudson River. Taxi would probably be the best way to 23rd St.

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 02:35 PM
Cindi

World Yacht is only about eight blocks from Times Square, not a bad walk.

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 03:57 PM
Howard

While it's only eight blocks, it's not the safest eight blocks to walk late at night when you return!
As for the dinner cruises themselves, they're fine if you don't mind spending a lot of money for average (at best) food and a good view of the skyline at night.

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 04:55 PM
rqf

When walking don't think in terms of blocks when going east/west. East/west blocks are very long, the equivalent of three north/south blocks. The distance to the pier is about 3/4s of a mile from Broadway and 42nd St. It would be a pleasant walk going but I probbly wouldn't walk back. Area, for most of the way, is rather deserted late at night.

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 07:13 AM
klam

Thanx a mint for all the advice and help. If it's dry out, I think we'll hoof it there, after we see the matinee performance of Proof, and cab it back. Otherwise, we'll catch one of the suggested buses. You guys are great!

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 10:38 AM
rqf

From the theater to World Yacht pier is just about one mile - 20 to 30 minutes at a leisurely pace. Walk down to 42nd and walk along 42nd to the river. If you decide to use the bus walk to 49th St. from the theater and take the M50 to the last stop. You will be one block from the pier. Unless you have a Metro Card you must have the exact fare ($1.50) in change - bills not accepted. If you are a senior show your Medicare card and fare is 75 cents.