NYC: Trump International Hotel Experiences

Feb 19th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Original Poster

NYC: Trump International Hotel Experiences

I am considering a stay at the Trump International Hotel in NYC on Central Park West. Ha ve you stayed there in the past year? Is it as tacky as its namesame might indicate? The rooms look nice on the website but I am dubious....
Feb 24th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Original Poster

Mclaurie- Thanks for the link! Very helpful. We have decided to stay at Trump as it has the best combination of space (1 bed suite), view (straight-on Central Park) and family-friendliness (kitchen and pool). Let's just hope we don't run into The Donald.
Feb 25th, 2009, 03:57 AM

The only complaints I've heard are that the furniture/decor is a bit beaten up and maybe the place needs an update. The restaurant in the hotel, Jean Georges is considered very good. They have a bargain prix fixe lunch in the more casual area, Nougatine.

The Time Warner building is across the street and houses a Whole Foods market in the basement if you want to stock the fridge in your suite. Landmarc is a decent restaurant inside the Time Warner building that's family friendly. Norma's in the Parker Meridien hotel, also nearby, is famous for their breafkasts-huge but pricey.
Mar 9th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Original Poster

Thanks! Norma's sounds great. I love a good, fancy breakfast.
Apr 3rd, 2009, 08:54 PM
Original Poster

For those who are interested, we did stay at the Trump International and it was perfect in every way. Maybe the rooms have been redecorated but everything looked fresh and nothing had any stains or tears. The 1-bedroom suite was very spacious and had a nice little kitchen. We got a suite that faced Central Park and had amazing views from the floor to ceiling windows from both the living room and the bedroom. And, yes, terrific room service from Jean Georges (best club sandwich ever!). Nice little pool and nice gym.

Perfect for families. They showered my little girl with gifts and the doormen were so friendly to her. Having the kitchen was great for snacks, especially with a Whole Foods Market right across the street.