Reload this Page >

NYC Theater Seating Location

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 10:42 AM
Mr. DeMille

Can someone tell me if Tele-Charge has to inform you if a theater seat location is "obstructed view". The reason I am asking, is that I have seen on this board that "The Producers" is sold out. I am looking for a single ticket and can go practically anytime. Tele-charge shows that there are a few odd single seats available between September and November. Some are the the cheap balcony seats which I am not interested in, however, there are still a couple of single, odd mezzanine seats at $99.00 still out there. I know these seats are not prime, but seeing as they are at the top of the face value range, are they unobstructed view. Are they decent location. If anyone knows about mezzanine section of St. James Theater it would be most appreciated.

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 11:29 AM
apc

If you go to playbill.com, you can pull up the entire seating chart for the St. James Theatre, which is where the Producers is playing. You can see exactly where you will be sitting.

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 12:01 PM
GOL

You are referring to rush tickets:

"Rush" tickets are sold to "students" for $20 + 1 fee on the day of the show. These are obstructed view seats.

Telecharge will tell you if the seat is obstructed - but they don't make available obs. seats as a general rule.

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 12:06 PM
Howard

First of all, they will tell you if the seats have an obstructed view.
I would chance it and grab the single mezzanine seat. The sightlines are very good at the St. James Theater.

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 01:31 PM
elaine

If I recall correctly (Howard may know), when looking around the St. James Theater (during intermission) it appeared there were no obstructed views in the orchestra or mezzanine. Hard to see the balcony from where we sat. Playbill's diagram is a good primer - print it out and check the seating if you're on the phone with telecharge. I would see this play again - regardless of the seat. It's a rather small theater as I recall.