Reload this Page >

NYC - Restaurants in Little Italy

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 05:53 AM
MO

Any recommendations on great food in Little Italy for 4 adults in their late-30's? Cost is not an issue.

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 06:19 AM
J

If cost is not an issue and you want great Italian food, Little Italy is not your best bet. It's only a few blocks, and it's pretty much of a tourist trap nowadays. Is your heart set on Little Italy, or can you be dissuaded? I'd strongly suggest Babbo or Lupa if you want transcendent Italian food---both downtown, but not Little Italy.

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 06:41 AM
Anthony

Whole heartedly agree with 'J'; and would like to add Le Madri @ 1th St & 7th Ave. to the list. It is beautifully decorated, and recently re-reviewed in the NY Times with very good reviews.

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 06:44 AM
jhm

If, however, you are wed to the idea of Little Italy, Il Cortile is a good bet. If not, I'd recommend Il Mulino in the Village and Scalini Fideli in TriBeCa as some of the best Italian food in the city.

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 07:06 AM
Teresa

Depending on the time of year,lunch at one of sidewalk cafe Italian restaurants is fun. We were there in August and had a good lunch in Little Italy--wish I could remember where but the wine and pasta was a nice break and then we were ready for an afternoon of sightseeing.