NYC pre-theater dinner

Old May 8th, 2002, 05:35 PM
Amy

NYC pre-theater dinner

Hi there,
Need some suggestions for restaurants in the neighborhood of 54th between 8th and Broadway. Ideally a pre-fixe dinner under $30-35, italian and continental are ususally safe bets for "the family".

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Old May 8th, 2002, 05:42 PM
Mary

Check out zagat.com and put in the specifics you want and it will spit out some choices.

Old May 8th, 2002, 06:09 PM
Amy

Mary,
Thanks for obvious, Im hoping to get some actual suggestions and recommendations of places people have tried and enjoy!

Anyone?...

Old May 8th, 2002, 06:26 PM
Mark

There's that Italian place Regis is always raving about. Otherwise, a snippy inquiry and even snippier retort to a response isn't likely to reward you with any really valuable inside recommendations.

Old May 8th, 2002, 06:39 PM
Jess

You know, zagats isn't a book written by professional reviewers. All of the comments are made by normal diners--maybe even some who post here. They are in fact "actual suggestions and recommendations of places people have tried and enjoy." And it isn't necessarily obvious--you might not be from a city that has a zagats guide.
That said, I ate at Da Tommaso a couple of years ago pre-theatre. Good food, friendly service, about $45 per person. Sorry, but I think it's pretty hard to find good food at that price in midtown, even pre-theatre.

Old May 8th, 2002, 06:42 PM
pam

www.newyork.citysearch.com

Lots of restaurant reviews (from reviewers and web site visitors)classified by neighborhood, type of cuisine, and type (i.e. romantic,good for kids, etc.) I live in NYC and I use this site all the time!!! Good luck.

Old May 9th, 2002, 06:52 AM
johnny

Becco's on 46th. between 8th.and 9th.
Great Italian fixed price menu - more than yu can eat!