Search

NYC Itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1st, 2006, 10:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NYC Itinerary

Please review one of my day's I have planned in NYC for Oct. Looking for corrections geographically, time-wise, & dinning. Thanks!
Today show, NBC Studio Tour, Rockefeller Center. Lunch - Suggestions???? Radio City Music Hall Tour - Is this worth it??? Dinner before The Lion King, Times Square. Good shopping anywhere near here for the day, like 5th Ave. nearby? Not only the expensive stores, but souvenir stores as well.
Old Aug 1st, 2006, 10:41 AM
GoTravel

You will not have time for lunch and dinner before The Lion King. I suggest a late lunch, The Lion King, and maybe a snack afterwards. Also, either shopping or the tour.

Old Aug 1st, 2006, 11:00 AM

For shopping I would definitely hit Century 21. You can take the Subway from Grand Central to City Hall Stop. It is a huge brand name discount store. They have everything you could imagine at great prices.
Old Aug 1st, 2006, 11:09 AM

I loved the Radio City Music Hall Tour. You get to meet a real live Rockette! But then again, it was a secret childhood ambition of mine to be a Rockette. Alas, too short. ;=)
Old Aug 7th, 2006, 06:37 PM

For lunch close-ish to Rockefeller I like Burger Joint in the Parker Meridien (56th or 57th between 6th and 7th Aves.
Old Aug 8th, 2006, 06:04 PM

joelst, regarding shopping...male/female? Young or older? What are your tastes? Give us more information so we can give you more ideas.

October is a great time to visit NYC!
Old Aug 9th, 2006, 04:46 AM
Original Poster

It is my husband and I, ages 22 and 24. I will need to buy souveniers, not cheap crap, but cute stuff like for girls, but really expensive either. And shopping for me too. My husband will just be tagging along I guess. Anymore suggestions for lunch? Thanks!
Old Aug 9th, 2006, 05:52 AM

The NBC store in Rockefeller Center might be a good place for some souvenirs. There's an H & M clothing store right at Rock. Center too good for clothes for both of you (inexpensive, trendy stuff). There's also a Mexx there, slightly more expensive. Saks Fifth Ave. is directly across the street from Rockefeller Center. Depending on the age of the girls, for gifts, the American Girl Place Store is also across the street from Rockefeller Center. While the dolls are very expensive, maybe some clothes if they already have one.

There's a souvenir store on the side of the Marriott Marquis hotel on 45 st just west of Broadway. The hotel & shop is right next to the theater where you'll be going for Lion King.

One of the nicer NYC souvenirs (imo) is from a store called Fishs Eddy. They have a Manhattan store at Broadway & 19th st. (not part of your itinerary for this day) and another in Brooklyn Heights, convenient if you plan on walking the Brooklyn Bridge.
http://www.fishseddy.com/page.htm?PG=locations
They have several china patterns with NYC visuals (skyline, Brooklyn, Statue of Liberty) in plates, platters mugs. They also have some nice, inexpensive light weight totes.

For lunch near Rockefeller Center, there's a cafe on the 7th floor of Saks Fifth Ave. (not cheap, but not very expensive) and if you get a table around the perimeter, some nice views.

There's a food court downstairs in Rock. Ctr. with lots of options including a local pizza chain called Two Boots with interesting pizza.

There's also a local chain of coffee shops called Burger Heaven with 2 near Rockefeller Center. The one on 49th st. b/w Fifth & Madison is closest to you, but I prefer the one on Madison & 53 st. Nothing special but good burgers.

I also agree that the Burger Joint inside Le Parker Meridien hotel is very good but not as close to where you'll be. Do NOT, under any circumstances be tempted by TGI Fridays. It's grossly overpriced and not very good.

For dinner near Lion King, John's pizzeria is very close for great pizza if you didn't have it for lunch. Trattoria Trecolori is a good, inexpensive Italian that's not far. What sort of food, budget, ambiance are you looking for? There are dozens and dozens of places.