Reload this Page >

NYC hotel - is this a mistake??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 06:17 AM
Monique

**** Hotel Giraffe in NYC for $53.10 per night -- is this a mistake?? Is there a digit missing or should I book now?

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 06:21 AM
xxx

Book it now!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice place!

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 06:21 AM
Geoffrey

Did you want one of the rooms without fleas and with a mattress on a bed?
Those run quite a bit more.

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 06:22 AM
monique

Nevermind.

When I try to book, it says:
Room/unit details are unavailable for the accommodations you have selected at this time. Please choose another lodging option and if this problem persists, please try again later.

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 06:48 PM
xxx

Monique, what if you called the hotel direct, told them what website you were looking at, and the rate that is written, and told them you were unable to book online? They may just honor the rate - you never know. It's a great hotel, and it would be so cool if you actually got it for $53!! And before everyone says I'm a fool for suggesting this . . .remember the NYC to London flights that were listed just a little to cheap 2 years ago? The airline honored the price of $35 (no, I'm not making this up) The price was on line for about a half hour befor the error was discovered and the rate was corrected.

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 07:16 PM
Larry

Ummmmmmm....those are two ENTIRELY different situations.
United posted those rates on its own website so it was legally bound to honor the erroneous rates.

Monique sounds like she's trying to book through a third party. The hotel would not have to honor that rate unless they were posting it themselves.

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 09:31 PM
travelbuff

I drove by the hotel tonight, and I would say if you can get that kind of deal somehow, GRAB it. The hotel is fairly new and in a good location, right on Park Ave south. The lobby is very pretty and it looks like there is a restaurant/bar off the lobby. There are also several good restaurants right in the immediate area and a block to the east you are in Little India, if you like Indian food.

The subway (Lex Ave line) is just a couple of blocks away, and of course the buses run up and down Park Ave.

The 34th ST. area is not a far walk and lots of shopping there.

Enjoy your stay in NYC.