Search

NYC hotel

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NYC hotel

Okay, I always get so nervous when I get ready to book something. We only go on vacation at the most once a year, so this is a big thing for me! LOL

Anyhow, what do you think of a studio suite at the Affinia Dumont for a refundable $269 a night. That would be for two adults/two teenage daughters?

Do you think that would be the place to stay?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Linda
Old Oct 19th, 2007, 07:12 PM

I just answered this on your other thread.

If you want to look at some other options, have a look at the Courtyard Marriotts (particularly Times Square South) and the Residence Inn.

You might also check to see if there are any Manhattan Club rentals available for your dates. Some of their 1 bedrooms have 2 full baths, nice with 2 teen girls. There are lots of different websites that list rentals for this lovely timeshare.
Old Oct 19th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Original Poster

I really don't think a timeshare rental will work, as I need something that if medically necessary I am able to cancel the reservation without much notice.

Thanks for another suggestion, although I'm trying hard to narrow it down and decide on one!

Thanks
Old Oct 19th, 2007, 07:30 PM

I don't know your dates, but $269 for a decent-size hotel room in Manhattan is good. Be sure that the suite you have booked has enough room for all of you. The studio suites are basically regular hotel rooms .. nice size, but I don't remember the bedding configuration. The Dumont location is a good one, and there are a lot of inexpensive local restaurants nearby.
Old Oct 19th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info.

We are planning 3/16-3/21. The studio suite has two queen beds and some kind of a kitchen. We are used to staying in regular hotel rooms so I do think it will be okay not having the one bedroom suite, it saves $80 a night choosing the studio.

I appreciate the input about the location and the nearby restaurants.
Old Oct 20th, 2007, 10:26 AM

If I am remembering correctly, the studios in the Dumont don't really have a "kitchen". It's a sink, small refrigerator, and microwave. You have to go up to the one-bedroom suite to get a real kitchen, and it's fully equipped ... bigger and better than many NYC 1-br apartments.
Old Oct 20th, 2007, 10:30 AM

If you are planning to eat out most of the time anyway, the micro/ fridge/ sink set up of the studio should work for you.