Search

NYC fireworks 2010

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NYC fireworks 2010

Starting my planning for celebrating my 65th next year to include a viewing of the Macys fireworks,which i havent seen live since i was a teenager in NYC.Anyway,anyone know which river it'll be in--also what hotels would be best for viewing,,im too old for standing in big crowds for a long time.Thanks for the help
Old Jul 17th, 2009, 11:25 AM

When they moved the location this year, Macy's was very specific about announcing that they may change the habit of using the same location year after year, and would not even commit to next year's location.
I imagine that hotels that THINK they will be in a good spot will charge a premium, but would never guarantee it so that you could be stuck with an expensive room with no special view.
Old Jul 17th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Original Poster

thanks good point--do you know if there are any dinner cruise deals --that way it wouldnt matter which river---
Old Jul 17th, 2009, 02:23 PM

There were dinner cruise deals this year, but they cost over $300 per person. I'm sure similar cruises will be offered next year, but it's far too early to know.

If the fireworks are on the east river, then there are very few hotels that will give you a view. If they are on the Hudson, there are many more hotels, but it's going to cost an arm and a leg to guarantee a room with a view.
Old Jul 18th, 2009, 05:44 AM

This year, we did the dinner cruise with Spirit. I booked a hotel in Jersey City (ridiculously low rate with Priceline). For whatever reason, the same exact cruise was considerably less booked with Spirit of NJ rather than Spirit of NY. As it turned out, when the fireworks location changed, the dock changed to Chelsea Piers (from Weehawken), but they gave us a voucher for free parking.

We're not usually dinner cruise people...the food was just fine, the service was outstanding, there was great music (along with crew entertainment), and, of course, the views of the fireworks were exceptional! It was pricey, but definitely a great way to see those fireworks! That open bar (including top shelf) increased the overall value (not that we're big drinkers).
Old Aug 8th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Original Poster

thanks so much--we did a spirit cruise last Fall and it was a great afternoon,music,food,views.Ive looked at their website and dont see the fireworks cruise yet--when did you book it.When you viewed the fireworks were you outside or were you able to see it from your table.Wonder what would happen if it rained as far as viewing