Search

NYC David Letterman

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 03:31 PM
Lisa

NYC David Letterman

We are visiting NYC during Thanksgiving, my 15 year old son just expressed an interest in visiting or viewing the Letterman show. Does anyone have any information if this is possible?

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 03:55 PM
sally

In LA you have to be 18 to see most of the TV tapings, I don't know if Letterman is the same or not. If you go give him a big hug and kiss for me , I just love Dave!

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 04:28 PM
Helpful

Everything you need to know is included in the Letterman website.

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 01:06 PM
Lisa

Sally, you were right, 18 is the age requirement. I checked the website. So I guess I can't give him a hug for you! Bummer.

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 07:20 AM
Keith

But you might visit some of the businesses near the studio which are regularly featured on the show and even wait outside the Hello Deli for a few minutes to see if it is a part of that day's show.

Keith

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 07:42 AM
danna

Lurk outside the side entrance where the celebs come in. I actually had more fun the evening I didn't get in (saw Eddie Murphy, Carol Burnett and then Dave came out and did a segment on the street) than I did the time I got tickets.

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 09:15 AM
jc

You have 3 options: send a postcard to the studio requesting tickets, put your name down on a standby list for whatever days you're available, and if they have a last minute cancellation they'll call you, or once you're in nyc, there's a number on their website you can call starting at 11 am (I think), and you can try to get tickets to that night's show that way. However I sent a postcard to the studio 2 years ago and never heard back about tickets. They don't make it easy, but if you're persistant you may have some luck.

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 07:54 AM
ab

where is the entrance the celebs come in from? around what time? I suspect xmas week will be re-runs.

My boys definitely want to go to the Hello Deli.

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 09:58 AM
Melissa

You definitely should go to the Hello Deli. Rupert Gee is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. We only ended up buying coffee, but he was very gracious allowing my husband to take my picture with him.

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 10:42 AM
holly

Where is the address of the Hello Deli? I'd like to go there this weekend.

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 12:34 PM
Keith

213 W 53rd http://www.homesafe.com/helodeli/index.html

I would email to check on weekend hours [email protected]

Keith