NYC car service with booster seats

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15th, 2004, 07:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and five year old daughter will be traveling to New York City this Sunday for three nights. They'll be flying into LaGuardia and staying in Midtown. I thought the easiest way for them to get to the hotel from the airport (and back) would be by car service. My five year old uses a booster seat at home and we'd like her to use one on the trip to and from the airport. They can bring one from home but it's one more thing to lug around. Does anyone know of a car service that can provide a booster seat? Thanks.
Old Dec 16th, 2004, 04:39 AM

I have never seen one - and in NYC cabs and car services - unlike private cars - are not required to have any sort of car seats for babies/kids. I think your best bet would be to check out a bunch of the web sites - or call the services directly - to find out if anyone has this available.

If you do a search above you will find names of numerous services.
Old Dec 16th, 2004, 05:03 AM

try Boston Coach 800-672-7676 when you make the pick up reservation just mention you will need a seat.
Old Dec 16th, 2004, 09:46 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions. Boston Coach only offers car seats, not boosters. Any other ideas?
Old Dec 16th, 2004, 10:33 AM

I would call some of the car service companies they might have them, but cabs in the city WILL NOT. They take up too much space that the cab needs for luggage and passengers, and don't take children all that often to make sense having a large item in the car that is seldom used.

As an earlier poster mentioned they are not required legally here for cabs.

The only suggestion I would have is to bring one with you, if it is that important to you for your child's safety.
Old Dec 16th, 2004, 11:47 AM
GoTravel

I've got to think that car services don't have them. Carseats maybe but not booster seats.

The problem you also run is that if by chance you do find a car service that has one, they have to remember to bring it and you have to hope it is in working order. That could change by the time you land.

You may want to bring your own.