NYC

Old May 26th, 1999, 04:49 AM
Marina

NYC

I will be in New York next July. Need some advise about places with good live music, and where I can find Woody Allen playing..No kidding.

Old May 26th, 1999, 11:21 AM
Theresa

As a native and ex-resident, let me warn you: it's HOT in July!! The pavement and buildings trap all the heat. Can't help with live tunes, but if you head for Central Park East near the little boat pond, there's a view of Woody's apartment balcony. When I tried to watch some perigrine falcons a couple of years ago, he was out there with Sun-Yi. Any of the regulars can point out the spot.

Old May 26th, 1999, 11:41 AM
lisa

I am pretty sure he plays at Michael's Pub on a weeknight once a week. Pick up the New Yorker magazine any week and look in their listings -- it tells you what night he plays. Also for advice about places with good live music, check in New York magazine or the Village Voice. Get on-line info at newyork.sidewalk.com

Old May 26th, 1999, 12:17 PM
howard

As for Woody Allen, you're thinking of Michael's Pub (West 56th Street, I believe. However, I don't think he plays there anymore. He used to be there on Monday nights.

Old May 26th, 1999, 07:38 PM
steve

Woody now plays on Monday nights at Cafe Carlyle in the Carlyle Hotel at Madison and 76th(212-744-1600). Also suggest you consult New York Magazine or Time Out New York for current info. And, yes it will be hot, but to me New York is always fun. I've actually never seen Woody perform but did pass him and Soon Ye(sp) walking down 5th Ave near the park.