Search

NY- "W" hotels...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 07:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NY- "W" hotels...

Any thoughts on W hotels in NY. Like one better than the other etc?
W Hotel - Tuscany
W Hotel - The Court
W Hotel - Times Square
W Hotel - Union Square

Thanks
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 07:53 AM

I have stayed at the New York, Times Square and Union Square. The one I liked best was Union Square. W New York was TINY rooms, and Times Square is not my favorite place to stay in NY.
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 08:06 AM

I spent a few days at the W Union Square around New Years Eve and totally loved it. The rooms were large and lovely, the bathroom was gigantic, the staff really nice, the Living Room cozy without being pretentious, and Olives yummy. And I really liked being in Union Square - a quick trip to Soho for shopping or up to the theater district for a show. I can't imagine staying in Times Square... way too insane. Also, Union Square has tons of great little restaurants close by, and a fantastic farmers market in the morning... Ask for an upper corner room, we did and were put on the top floor!
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 02:52 PM

I've stayed several times at both the Tuscany and The Court. These are both side by side, one on one corner and the other just 50 feet away on teh other corner.

Both are nice, and they share facilities, (I keep mixing the names up) one has a bar and restaurant, the other does not but is quieter.

Staff are alway excellent, but the smaller one is quieter and cozier.

I have heard that the rooms can be small, but for some reason I keep getting a large room.

Very convenient place to stay, and there is a great deli breakfast place just around the corner!
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:00 PM
gyppielou

been to times square and union, liked union better, however, the whole thing is old to me....a lot of cheap furnishings with one or two luxurious touches. I find them fun and trendy and a great destination once, however there are better choices IMHO