Reload this Page >

NY - Hudson or Paramount

Search

NY - Hudson or Paramount

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 11:40 AM
Angie

NY - Hudson or Paramount

Ok, I am still agonizing over a hotel choice here (from a previous post). I like the boutique idea so of the two, which is better? I am young, single and a really small room does not bother me at all. It seems like the Hudson is more exciting, Paramount has better location. I am concerned with location because I will be traveling alone, so are these both safe..with easy subway access?

Thanks!

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 12:15 PM
o'reilly

Hudson is too big to be called a boutique hotel. Or is it? Paramount has had its heydey and Hudson was hot until yesterday. I'd say do Hudson. I remember when they got under fire because they even had a door policy for walk-ins. AS IF!!

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 12:24 PM
Ted

Hudson is really yesterday's news, but it doesn't matter in the summer when NYC is dead on weekends -- it's all yesterday's news.

Angie, if a small room doesn't bother you, you can find a much better-situated hotel in Manhattan that I'm sure you'll be happier with.

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 01:25 PM
lisa

Both are very safe with easy subway access. Hudson is closer to Central Park, Columbus Circle, Upper West Side. Paramount is closer to theatre district, although Hudson is still within walking distance of it too. Hudson's rooms are REALLY small but they're newer and look it. I'd say the food is better at the Paramount. Both have interesting, hip public spaces. Neither is to die for. I'd go with whichever gives you the better deal.

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 06:22 PM
Don

The Hudson'S rooms are not small they are teeny, there is about 12 inches from the wall on each side of the bed and the bed is only about 18 inches from the floor. Munchkins and hobbits would not be confortable here. Any one who would rate this abombnation more than one star probably owns it...