NY- Circleline Tours

Old Oct 7th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NY- Circleline Tours

We are going to NY in a couple of weeks. We thought we would take the 3 hour Circle Line tour around Manhattan. Should we purchase our tickets; ahead of time on line, ahead of time as soon as we get there, or the day of the tour??
Old Oct 7th, 2007, 06:30 PM

I don't know if you need this link to book ahead, or just want advice on if you should. Anyway, I'll attach the link. I'm going to NYC in a month and I'm leaning towards booking my tour ahead of time.
http://www.nyctrip.com/Pages/index.aspx?PageID=35
Old Oct 7th, 2007, 06:59 PM

I can't imagine that you would have to book ahead. Get in line a bit early and there should be no problem. The boats are pretty large.
Old Oct 7th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Original Poster

Thanks cabovacation. Is it the same for the bus tours around the city??

trippinkpi thanks for the link I actually already had the Circleline link. Hope you have fun in November.
Old Oct 7th, 2007, 07:56 PM

Thanks kmadsen, you have a fun trip also.
Old Oct 30th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Original Poster

trippinkpj, Just got back from NYC. We ended up not doing the tour. Our plane left Portland OR 7 hours late so we had to pick and choose our activities. It was either raining or very cold while we were there. We chose not to do the Circle line tour.

Pack warm clothes.
Also don't know if you have been before, but it was recommeded to us to go to the top of Rockefeller Center instead of Empire State Building. For 2 reasons, one price and the other wait time. The friend that travelled with me had done the ESB before and actually thought the RC was a much better view. Just a thought
have fun in November.
Old Nov 5th, 2007, 09:22 PM

You won't need to book ahead. I did the full island tour and wouldn't recommend it. It takes pretty much the whole day and there is so much more of NYC to see. If your time is limited I would do the 3 hour one. I think you would enjoy that. I went last September and only had a few in front of me to buy my ticket. The worst part was the queue to get on the boat. It took ages to get on and I couldn't work out why until I got half way up the queue where they were stopping everyone to take their photo. Took at least an hour possibly longer to get on board. Same with the Empire State seems to take forever to get up to the observation deck as they insist on taking your photo at the midway point.