Reload this Page >

NY Benefit Concert with Paul Macartney

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3rd, 2001, 07:08 PM
Tara

Does anyone know any info about a Benefit concert in NY with Paul Macartney and Seinfeld as the host? It is to be held at Madison Square Gardens. What would be a good hotel to stay at if I was able to get tickets for this event? First timer for NY! Thanks!!

Old Oct 3rd, 2001, 11:40 PM
xxx

From what I understand these are 2 seperate events. Seinfeld is hosting event on or around October 8th and the Paul McCartney concert is on the 20th of October.

Old Oct 4th, 2001, 05:52 AM
Howard

Tara is correct. Jerry Seinfeld will be at both events. Others set for October 20 include Mick Jagger, Billy Joel, Marc Anthony, Boni Jovi, plus many others whose names I can't think of at the moment.

Old Oct 4th, 2001, 06:51 AM
Joe

Paul Macartney? Hmmm...you must be a really big fan!

Tara, there's lot of hotels in the area, even one right across the street. I'd look to the theatre district (above 42nd Street west of 7th Ave.) for a deal. Check websites (Best Western, Comfort Inn, Days Inn, etc.) for rates and www.newyork.citysearch.com for more specific hotel information.

Old Oct 4th, 2001, 11:35 AM
uuu

Will the other Beetles be there? You know, George Hairison and Rings Star?

Old Oct 4th, 2001, 12:07 PM
Emmy

Paul said Ringo couldn't make it. Don't know about George, but he has been in poor health recently.

Old Oct 4th, 2001, 12:11 PM
Hits

After watching Bon Jovi lip sync AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL in front of a fire station in NYC after the disaster (very,very poorly I might add), why anyone would want to spend money to see these "stars" do it again is beyond me.

Wait a couple of weeks and it will be on MTV where everything is lip sync'd.

Hits

Old Oct 4th, 2001, 12:17 PM
Ellen

By the way, nose bleed seats start at $100 and then the better seats go all the way up to $2500 per seat.

Old Oct 4th, 2001, 12:22 PM
Roger

I hope McCartney doesn't afflict us with croaking, I mean singing.

Old Oct 4th, 2001, 12:25 PM
DJ

Just in case you haven't noticed, Paul McCartney hasn't made a decent record in over 30 years. I would suggest taking your ticket money and donating it directly to a good WTC-related cause, thereby ensuring (a) that it gets there and (b) that you won't have to suffer through another lame version of Admiral Halsey.

Old Oct 4th, 2001, 12:50 PM
Hits

Paul McCartney 30 years???????????? He is just awful. You have to be a real Beetles fan to ever listen to anything he has ever done.

$2500 seats. That's the American way.

What BS!!

Hits

Old Oct 4th, 2001, 01:02 PM
DJ

Hits has nailed it. McCartney absolutely sucks, and has since the early days of the Nixon administration. $2,500 a ticket is an outrage. The only one to benefit from this benefit is Sir Paul.

Old Oct 4th, 2001, 02:32 PM
Ellen

I think all or most of the proceeds go to the WTC charity. I don't think the performers or the arena are taking a dime. Thus the high-roller prices. Just wanted Tara to be aware that unless she is ready to fork over $$$$, she will be watching the show through binoculars.

Old Oct 4th, 2001, 05:51 PM
Hits

At $2500 per seat, that might even qualify for Streisand (sp) to appear. Of course, they might have to move everything to please her, but it's worth a try!!

Hits

Old Oct 5th, 2001, 06:20 AM
DJ

Binky, Binky, Binky...let's not drag the girlfriend into this, ok?

I just think that with ALL his money, Sir Paul could easily cough up a million of his own bucks than to force his fans to spend $2,500 of their own.

You know who we have to thank for high ticket prices, don't you? The Eagles, the first band to charge $100+ for a ticket. I prefer to hark back to the good old days when you could see a band like the Sex Pistols in 1978 for $3.50, and you were in no danger of hearing "Silly Love Songs".

Old Oct 5th, 2001, 08:26 AM
michele

I agree with "hits" and "DJ". Sir Paul is really an embarrassment. He could just write a check and spare us all. ( To think he was my favorite Beatle).

Old Oct 5th, 2001, 09:38 AM
workin' girl

I've always liked Paul, but what the heck is with that hair color he's got? He looks ridiculous; he should go grey. Or mind his own words, "Let it be, let it be....."

Old Oct 5th, 2001, 09:43 AM
DJ

Will we still need him, will we still feed him, when he's 64?

Old Oct 5th, 2001, 09:59 AM
Lisa

Will we still need him when he's 64? Dunno. Wait a couple of years and find out.

Old Oct 5th, 2001, 10:13 AM
xxx

Ah, give him a break. At least he treated his wife right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -