North Carolina - Hotel for young kids?

Old May 9th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Original Poster

North Carolina - Hotel for young kids?

I'm looking for a hotel that would be a great place for a first trip for my husband and I to take our 5- and 3- year old grandkids. We want something with a pool and lots of other activites that will keep them interested and occupied for a day or two this summer. This place could be anywher (Virginia, etc) within about 3 hours driving from the Triangle area (Raleigh, Chapel Hill) of NC. Fancy, not fancy - we don't care - just very child-oriented. Thank you!
Old May 9th, 2007, 12:39 PM
GoTravel

Nana, North Myrtle Beach would be about 3 hours from you and lots of hotels have great pools.

In particular would be Kingston Plantation which has a water park that your 3 and 5 year olds would have a blast in.

Plus, kids camp and lots of kid things to do in the area (Alligator Adventure, miniture golf, etc).

Old May 12th, 2007, 05:41 AM

The Embassy Suites at that Kingston Plantation gives you a little bit of breathing room. The 3 year old can take a nap in the bedroom, while the five year old relaxes with you in the living room. Your husband is sitting out on the balcony watching the gulls.

I love the free, cooked to order breakfast.

If you want to head to the mountains instead, there is a neat condo resort in Foscoe, outside of Boone. Look at the units in www.vrbo.com and search in NC for Foscoe.
Old May 12th, 2007, 12:56 PM

Is the Tweetsie RailRoad still around? A place up in the mountains that is/was very family friendly.
Old May 12th, 2007, 01:35 PM

I saw it in Blowing Rock on the way to Foscoe. It looked like it was still going.
Old May 12th, 2007, 07:33 PM

You might bring them to Charlotte and take them to Carowinds for the day. There is a pool there.
Also, in Charlotte there is a very cool public "pool" called Ray's Splash Planet. It has an area for tiny kids with slides, emptying buckets of water, etc. The water in that part is about 8 inches deep.
You could stay at a motel/hotel with a regular pool and take them to Ray's for a while. Also there is a wonderful museum downtown for them--Discovery Place--not far from Ray's.
Carowinds has areas appropriate to their ages.