Nola - Best areas for 3 young women to stay

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19th, 2024, 04:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 21-year-old daughter and her 2 friends are going to see Taylor Swift a the Superdome in October. All of the hotels near the arena are $600+ so they can’t afford to stay in that area. Cheaper hotels are in NOLA East, Metairie, West Bank, Kenner, etc. We don’t know anything about these areas. Can anyone suggest which of these - or any other areas — might be best/safest for them? Theyll probably have to Uber to and from the concert. Thanks for your help!!

Last edited by BarbaraMH; Jan 19th, 2024 at 05:32 PM.
Old Jan 21st, 2024, 02:52 PM

I don’t know much about the areas, but thought I’d bump you back to the top. Virgin hotels New Orleans is not far and their rates in March are reasonable and they get pretty good reviews. Maybe every thing is higher in May or due to the concert. Le Pavillon, Eliza Jane and Ace hotels seem ok too. Maybe you’ve already checked these though.
Old Jan 22nd, 2024, 09:27 AM

Metairie is a safe area for a hotel. If they go to the French Quarter they should be safe if they stick together and don't get inebriated.
Old Jan 22nd, 2024, 09:52 AM

We stayed at the Virgin Hotel and it was an easy walk to the Super Dome for a Saints game. The hotel was really fun...hip, cool and modern, and in a good neighborhood outside the Quarter (not a fan). But, I would imagine that it'll be pretty pricey if Taylor is in town. Given that, try Googling the hotel and then search for hotels nearby. It would be a much better experience for them if they could just walk back to their hotel instead of getting an Uber or taxi across town.
Old Jan 22nd, 2024, 10:21 AM

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
FYI: the Amtrak/Greyhound bus station is right next to the Superdome. Walking distance. The last time I stayed a night in New Orleans (pre Katrina) I stayed in a hostel. It wasn't great, but OK for a one night sleep. I think there are still at least 2 hostels operating in the city.
Old Jan 22nd, 2024, 04:20 PM

Is there still a Holiday Inn in the Quarter? If so, it would be a huge surprise if it charged that much.
Old Jan 26th, 2024, 01:47 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, everyone. Yes, even the Holiday Inn is charging $800 a night! They’re probably going to need to stay in Metairie. Appreciate the feedback.