Nob Hill cheap eats and coffee

Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 07:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nob Hill cheap eats and coffee

I am tagging along with my adult daughter to a conference that is being held at the Ritz Carlton San Francisco. I have been to San Francisco several times but have not stayed in the Nob Hill area. Are there some inexpensive options for morning coffee or snacks in that area (without too much of a hike!). Seems to be a very pricey area! Thanks!
Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 08:20 AM
dmlove

Fortunately, the Ritz is not at the TOP of Nob Hill, where there really isn't anything other than some fancy hotels and fancy restaurants, but not the kind of little breakfast place you'd find in a more densely urban setting. From the Ritz, your best bet will be to walk a little downhill on either Stockton (toward Union Square) or California (toward the financial district). In each of those, you'll find plenty of places. The problem will be the walk back uphill!

Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 09:27 AM
leavingsoon

You can walk up California Street (on the corner) to the downstairs entrance of the Fairmont. There, near the fitness center, is a mini-hotel Starbucks type place.

It should take 10 minutes walk.

Alternatively, you can walk downhill on Pine until you hit Kearny and there are endless worker lunch places/ coffee shops. Seek out "Specialties" for the best cookies on earth.

Lastly, you can head straight downhill to the corner of Powell and Stoickton on the corner of the hotel there and there is a faux bistro-style cafe for coffee/ muffins, etc.

Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 09:35 AM
dmlove

You'll be walking forever as Powell and Stockton do not intersect (I'm not sure which corner leavingsoon really means)

Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 04:34 PM
Original Poster

Any comments from the evening crew?
Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 04:51 PM

I don't have specific help, but this Menupages link may: http://sanfrancisco.menupages.com/re...ghborhoodid=64
This is set to Nob Hill, see the types of cuisines on the left. Click on the ones you are interested in and you can see their menus (most with prices).
Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 05:23 PM
leavingsoon

She means Stockton, not Sutter.